Band in a rut (vocalist content)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirrorboy

Reaction score
Our band is sounding great at the moment after one year building it up playing a mixture of blues and rock covers. We had a great gig on Saturday and played for an hour, everyone enjoyed and had fun. :D

Now we're casting about for new tunes that suits everyone that's joined this last year. I'm the singer but I can't hit the high notes, so that rules out much of the best classic rock songs. They usually sound terrible in a lower key.

We already do songs by the Who, the Stones and the Doors. We don't want to do any Chris Rea/Mark Knopfler/REM, so anyone got any suggestions?

Do you do any Free/Bad Co?
We do Wishing Well(Gary Moore version of course),Alright Now and Can't get enough.
All 3 are pretty easy to sing and play at the same time.
Remember Keep your hands to yourself by Georgia Satellites?...
that goes off..the crowd loves it and it's another one that's easy to sing and play.
Beer drinkers and Hellraisers....or ANY of the ZZ catalogue are reasonably easy to play and sing.
There's some ideas...hope they help and if you need backing tracks of any of the suggested tunes for testing them out go here:
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

Ozeshin said:
Do you do any Free/Bad Co?
We do Wishing Well(Gary Moore version of course),Alright Now and Can't get enough.

We haven't done any so far but I had thought of The Hunter, and yeah Wishing Well is a great song. I'll have to goad the others into singing on that one though.

you put your breezy in ...you put your breezy out !!

you put your loverock in !!!!!

and you shake it all about ....

you do the hokey springy and you turn around

that's what it's all about ....hey

oh hokey cokey cokey etc

it's a party winner everytime !!

If you get the feel right on Woolly Bully, I can virtually guarantee you that you'll get people dancing. Brilliant song.

Mike

"Wooly Bully" i'd forgotten about that one excellent !!

i usually use a mixture of the phrygian and mixylodian scale on that one !!

if you're looking for something in a low key you can't get any better than

"wandering star " by Lee marvin....

great to finish the night off with ......

ATTENTION ...MEDICATION FOR THE PENSIONERS IS BEING HANDED OUT IN THE CAFETERIA BY THE MATRON...REMEMBER LIGHTS OUT AT 8PM AND PENSIONCARDS MUST BE HANDED IN BEFORE 7PM.

Latest posts

Back