another burny question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btmish

Reaction score
I have found some burny "custom" pauls which have the fancy headstock, i.e, thick lettering, diamond emblem, bound, etc. Are these suppose to be of a higher or lower grade than the super grades? The tops on them look lower grade in most cases, but that headstock would indicate they are of a higher grade.

Thank you

One more question on all these MIJ guitars, the fret edge binding, I just don't understand what I am looking for here. When looking at these guitars, I cannot tell the difference between a standard bound fretboard, and the fret edge binding.

Thanks again for all the information!

fret edge binding ..means that the fret ends do not go over the neck binding ..rather there is a little plastic nib at the end of the frets which is part of the neck binding, but rises up to meet the ends of the frets

fret binding

ObGLPR1993CHSB004.jpg

non fret binding

ObGReissuerefretTBBYamano1992005.jpg

You know that there are brand new Burny customs right ? They have a different inlay in the headstock and a 3 screw TRC with an acorn type shape. Thay are MIC. Not bad guitars at all, especially for the price, but don't be mistaken.

Latest posts

Back