Am I too late for this party?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
Now that IS an interesting look - I don't think I've ever seen a P90 LP in white before.

GibsonLesPaulStudio50sTribute-WornS.jpg

Nice 8)

o_O. Not a fan of that colour choice. Did they design that in the dark?

In my limited experience, of having come to MIJ guitars a lot later than everyone else in here:

- they're not as cheap as they were, even compared to 3 or 4 years ago. However, a lot of that is due to the economic situation, where they pound has just about halved in value compared to the yen (and the US dollar and euro have fallen too, albeit not just as much). Some is doubtless due to increased interest, too. But if the new price of something jumps up, so does the used price.

- I haven't tried an MIM Fender which was as nice as an MIJ Tokai (including Mexican Classic series, Baja etc., though the Mexican Classic Series wasn't far behind).

- I haven't tried those classic vibes yet, though that doesn't mean I don't have GAS for them, LOL. They're cheap enough that even if they aren't quite as good as an MIJ Tokai, that they might be worth considering. The same isn't true for the MIM Fenders (certainly the classics and Bajas), which are almost as much as a new MIJ Tokai. Plus the classic vibes have models which Tokai don't make.

have to admit i prefer the goldtop, I think that would age better than the white one. i've not been overly impressed with any new gibsons i've played. Particularly the SG special faded, that was horrid. i cant believe it got through the quality procedure at Gibson.
A friend of mine said the only gibsons he's played that are any good are the historic custom shop ones. Then again he also swears by Diezel amps......but i think for the mere mortals or the not so financially endowed. I personally have to take a reality check. My personal stance and im sure this shared by a lot of people, is that Gibson is just another brand. I mean its the way of the world, something becomes popular or iconic. Especially something like the guitar which is so engrained in popular culture. And Gibson is one of the big boys. So prices will be high!

Latest posts

Back