79 Reborn on Ebay.co.uk

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny642000

Reaction score
This sounds good but price is creeping up with still 4 days to go...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-LES-PAUL-REBORN-1979-INC-VINTAGE-TOKAI-HARDCASE-/300525482551?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item45f8b6f237

Looks like it will go for at least ?1000 and it's an LS50, albeit in remarkable condition...

If I had money right now I'd be tempted...but I haven't...

Any forum regulars bidding on this?

marcusnieman said:
Nice write up on the description.... good salesmanship. I'm keeping it handy for when I put my Reborn up.

Got to give the seller a lot of credit for not claiming it has braz board!

The bit about it being a more accurate LP reissue than a Gibson one, er yeah, if he means Norlin era reissue (14 degree headstock, 3 piece top).

There's a few key "vintage guitar buyer turn offs" left out of the description, but you're right - good salesmanship. :wink:

JVsearch said:
marcusnieman said:
Nice write up on the description.... good salesmanship. I'm keeping it handy for when I put my Reborn up.

The bit about it being a more accurate LP reissue than a Gibson one, er yeah, if he means Norlin era reissue (14 degree headstock, 3 piece top).

There's a few key "vintage guitar buyer turn offs" left out of the description, but you're right - good salesmanship. :wink:

I think I was enamoured with it due to the lack of "lawsuit, awesome, plays like butter, etc"

marcusnieman said:

Hmmmm? perhaps The Phantom will strike again!

marcusnieman said:
JVsearch said:
marcusnieman said:

I think I was enamoured with it due to the lack of "lawsuit, awesome, plays like butter, etc"

Yeah, good points, but don't you mean "buttah" :lol:

Looks a good seller from the feedback...I see Gabe (bluejeannot) from our forum has bought from him before...

Plus there's no BIN price so it's people bidding which currently values a Reborn LS50 at ?873.00...

As Marcus has said before, a guitar is worth what people are prepared to pay for it...

Still seems high though...

Johny642000 said:
Looks a good seller from the feedback...I see Gabe (bluejeannot) from our forum has bought from him before...

Plus there's no BIN price so it's people bidding which currently values a Reborn LS50 at ?873.00...

As Marcus has said before, a guitar is worth what people are prepared to pay for it...

You take a real risk by letting the bidders determine the worth of your guitar but it can often pay off.

Johny642000 said:

It is high, but not insane for the UK (I'm afraid), and it is in very good condition with the original case. It's a nice piece! :)

For myself, I don't care about minty condition or original case, I would prefer a more used looking LS-80.

Back