2009 HLS Love Rock info

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greco_burst

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine in Japan sent me this to share on the forum, it's the 2009 specs for HLS series, english specs,

http://www.hibikimusic.co.jp/tokai/tokai_index.html

He says,
its a little old now but still the official info of "the HLS series".

many new models followed since 2009 and very popular

in japan. much more vintage specs than the regular tokai.

Thank you J
Mick

So thats what the local Rock Inn has for over $3000.00...looks great but I got a used 2002 FGN BATT-20 with pretty much the same specs as far as wood and hardware goes only the FGN came with a Duncan Custom and `59 p`ups...for about $650.00 here in Sendai a couple of years ago.
Love those Tokais, don`t love the prices. Sometimes there are advantages to living in a smaller Japanese city, not nearly as many people looking for the old gems so prices are far better than say Tokyo or Osaka. I`d love to come across one of those Tokais used, I have been very lucky since arriving in Japan with MIJ guitars, but for the money they want for new ones I have lots of other options on MIJs that share the same specs but are less popular.

Thanks for sharing Mick.

One thing I noticed is how flamed tops have changed in figure since LS-320s.
Not so pretty as they used to.

Had a quick look at the top end one in the Rock Inn, they have it written up as a 3000 model. Just says it has a mahogany back, not listed as Honduran...looks very nice though, right next to a 160 pain top. Very rare to see so many new Tokais up here in Sendai, they just don`t seem to sell and after March 11th, I bet they`re selling far fewer new guitars in these parts...which may explain why the used 160 and 150 are still hanging at another store...many folks have more pressing needs than guitars up here now.

From my buddy in Japan, thanks TJ,

the HLS series are much more than the regular tokai
and yes sure better. by the HIBIKI & TOKAI team !!!!!

@ madagascar or brazillian rosewood fretboard.
@ very quality hard maple top.
@ the maple head veneer not the regular fibre veneer.
@ vintage style trussrod cover.
@ DELRIN nut. not plastic.
@ the vintage neck angle of 3.8 not 4.5 of the regular tokai.
@ the vintage spec distance between the pickups.
@ the FIFTY-NINE custom pickups.
@ many more models available since 2009!

tokai_hls160_image.jpg

Also...

http://www.musicland.co.jp/store/campaign_detail/ikebukuro/5830

there is also the " HLS-VOS " finish series which is just like gibson's historic VOS finish.

its 30% less gloss finish than the regular tokai gloss finish. comes with the Montreux replica guitar parts

Thanks TJ

greco_burst said:
From my buddy in Japan, thanks TJ,

the HLS series are much more than the regular tokai
and yes sure better. by the HIBIKI & TOKAI team !!!!!

@ vintage style trussrod cover.
@ DELRIN nut. not plastic.
]

These two statements look strange to me ; - )

Matti

Latest posts

Back