• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980s YAMAHA SG1000 FOR SALE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesowden

Reaction score
Up for sale is my beautiful sg1000- not exactly sure of the year but the serial number is 031134 so i,m sure it could be accurately dated with that.
Its in great condition with only a few minor marks which would be expected-there are some very light scuff marks around the bottom edge of the body and some small marks on the back of the neck-the usual small paint chips at the top of the headstock and the front is clean apart from one paintchip near the bridge. All cosmetic and don,t affect the playability at all.
The gold hardware is showing the usual signs of ageing and is looking all the better for it! The bridge and stop bar are in great condition and the bridge is very solid and well constructed-no tuneomatic style rattles. The tuners are the original Yamaha stamped ones and the pickups and push/push pots are all original.
This guitar has been professionally set up by a local luthier and plays absolutely beautifully. The nut has been replaced with a high quality unbleached bone nut, the frets have been polished,the ebony fretboard treated and the pickups are very well set up. The original pickup rings were a little cracked so these have been replaced with new ones ordered in from Yamaha. The pots have all been cleaned and the electrics all work perfectly and are crackle free. Basically anything you would need to do to this guitar has already been done for you!
Can,t figure out how to post images but will do so asap-if you email me i can send you pictures that way- [email protected]
I,m looking for 700 GB pounds for this guitar.
I,m on holiday from 1st-10th of August so i will respond to anyone after that date but i will try to reach a computer whilst away, if possible.
dave [/img]

What colour is it? And where in the country (UK I presume from the ? price) are you?

I'm sure someone will be along to help with pictures. I always struggle with that bit...

hi
thanks for your interest. i suppose you would describe the colour as a dark cherryburst-looks great and very well done. i,m in wallsend near newcastle upon tyne, anyone is welcome to come and check it out. email me and i can send you pix
cheers dave

Latest posts

Back