Love Rock LS-150 - Live Youtube

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybercat

Reaction score
Quick YouTube of me & the Love Rock through my 9-year old smallbox Dr. Z Maz-18 Jnr. here: -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I3-IWKNpI3U

- Choose the "watch in high quality" option (lower right, below volume control) to get better sound...

I'm the guy on the right in the black & white baseball cap.

The LS-150 is from 1981, & had no pickups when I got it. These are WCR 'Darkbursts'.

Quite pleased with how sound & tone of the solo in particular came through on this, considering it was shot by a mate on a crappy 12 year-old Sony Handycam, & he was a little worse for wear after he'd had "one over the eight" - as I'm sure you guessed... :roll:

Hey Cybercat,

Nice stuff!
Anyone wanting to see a Love Rock LS 240 Custum Shop Spalted Maple deep joint neck in action see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaGrzsvrrZ0
or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9tbvrs9P-8

It was only the 2nd show ever with this band, meanwhile we did some more..
After the guitar almost falling on the ground at the end of "Save me" I decided to put on some Schaller straplocks, this guitar is too brilliant to me to mess around with :)
Herbert
www.myspace.com/eyesareblind

Hi Bill,

Thanks! The sound on the clips are actually also a bit crappy because they were also shot with a handycam, but I am glad that you can "hear between the lines" :).

I use quite a simple setup but everything is top notch stuff, the following pedals are in my pedalboard:
Planet Waves tuner > Exar Tuber overdrive pedal > Boss DD20 Digital Delay > Exar Moon Metal overdrive pedal > T.Rex Room-mate.
My amp is a Brunetti Maranello, very very responsive, clear, warm and cutting and very versatile from all the clean to any dirty sounds you want. It however has no reverb, that is why I use the T.Rex, probably the best reverb on the market. Not a cheapo because it also has a built in tube.

Anyway, regarding your question, so the delay is the Boss DD-20. The sound on "The Unknown" is in the mode "modulate" where it has a nice additional chorus effect giving you an U2-Edge kind of sound. Very nice and I don't need a chorus pedal :).

Cheers, Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for all your details, very interesting!

My live setup in the video in the first post (unchanged for 5 years) is pretty simple too, just the Tokai (LS-150 or ST-80) into this board : -

mainboard.jpg

(...for this song the Cot 50 & Cornish G-2 are 'always on', & you can hear the Klon Centaur kick in to boost the solo volume)

...into this amp : -

Zsticker1.jpg

The Dr. Z Maz 18 junior is close mic'ed with a SM-57 through the P.A. for bigger & outdoor venues like this (around 1,500).

Hi Bill,
Thanks! I had a further look into your Cornish SS-2 G-2 and your Church of Tone 50 pedal and they sure sound great! I meanwhile read some reviews about them and listened to some clips, very good stuff :eek:! Things for my wannahaves list indeed! :D

Latest posts

Back