1984 Tokai Love Rock LP LS-150 HS Solid Quilt

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
1984 Tokai Love Rock LP LS-150 HS Solid Quilt

on eBay
:eek:
Someone buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121069090656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thinking of selling the wife and putting the kids out to work to get that. I think I wouldnt get to much for the wife but I am hoping the kids would fill the gap.

I don't believe that is an ebony board; I think it's just dark.

Grovers with no additional holes, so those look original. No PC board, but I suspect it had one originally. Almost looks like it was a not-quite-200.

My only complaint is the really crappy job on the neck inlays. Must have been training a new monkey - I don't get that on such a nice guitar. :roll:

Hmm all 1984-1985 LS-150s I have seen so far have stock Grovers (those are older ones btw, I thought Grover changed shape in 1982?) and an ebony board. Looks ebony to me for sure.

jacco said:
Hmm all 1984-1985 LS-150s I have seen so far have stock Grovers (those are older ones btw, I thought Grover changed shape in 1982?) and an ebony board. Looks ebony to me for sure.

Nope. 1985 LS150 with Gotoh - Kluson-like - tuners and rosewood board. So, there's at least one..

Mick51 said:
jacco said:

Nope. 1985 LS150 with Gotoh - Kluson-like - tuners and rosewood board. So, there's at least one..

Indeed, you're right, found several with rosewood and Kluson.

Hmm shop order then maybe? There are at least 6 with ebony & Grovers so far.

JVsearch said:
Mick51 said:
I don't believe that is an ebony board; I think it's just dark.
If that's rosewood then its been dyed, stained or painted.

My LS-320 has a rosewood fretboard which is very dark, almost black and I have seen others similar. It is specified as Brazilian rosewood. I don't believe it's been dyed.

DSCF1028_zps272e84ac.jpg

Whilst on the headstock logos - I have a couple of early 1980 LP Reborns and one Reborn Old, they all have the 'logo' as part of the laminate, yet my '80 LS200 (Love Rock) has the pre-80 type traditional 'inlayed' amber logo. Any thoughts on that one?

Latest posts

Back