Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing problems recording guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntimber
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Timing problems recording guitars Reply with quote

Hi,

So I'm a guitarist (electric) and I've moved from Cubase to Live, and I've run into this problem tracking guitars. The recording of my guitar always end up being late on the timeline and I keep having to slightly advance the recording towards the beginning of the track afterwards to get it to play in time :O Is there a simple way to make the track automatically sync up with the other tracks as I played it while recording?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204580
App video company

Thank you.
Loudmouse
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for certain, I use Sonar, but it sounds like you might have a sound card latency issue or latency in whatever mixer or hardware you're using to get sound in/out.
If so you'll hear the playback tracks a few milliseconds later than the software is playing them, and that's what you're recording the guitar track to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: