Yet another Burny nOOb

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamdogg

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. Thought I would register since I am interested in a Burny LPC, and I know little about them. I have spent some time on google trying to educate myself about these fine looking instruments, but still have lots of unanswered questions. :-? Figured I should consult the experts before pulling the trigger.

I am interested in a LPC Randy Rhoads guitar, like this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370270912409

Not sure how to date it or how to identify what is original on it. I would guess the pups are original, likely L8000's?? Truss rod cover looks suspect. Not sure when they started with this model, but the '83 and up versions don't seem to have the gold toggle switch plate.

Any RR Burny experts here that can help or at least date it? Thanks!

TRC is easily swappable or may have been missing when the seller bought it so he put that one on there. That is an 82/83-85 RR for sure. The copied Gibson 4 piece diamond inlay is the giveaway here. Gorgeous guitars man but be forewarned, they are HEAVY and not in the "wow man, that's awesome, killer, cool type of heavy but rather the Sir Isaac Newton heavy lol!!

Hi Jamdogg,
where are you located ? You can find perhaps your Burny in Europe or the US without the risk of buying one directly in Japan that isn't what it seems

thanks for the replies. I am in the US, and Burny's seem scarce locally.

Is 8-900 USD about right for a RR in decent shape w/no case?

I've seen one RR in Europe here,near mind without case for about 1200 $ and the seller is well recommended for the quality of its guitars and a TF member from the beginning as well.So,a RR on the free market should be ok for 800 if the condition is good

I have one the same as that and paid only $200 US plus shipping but that was also in Japan and needed some sorting out.. Definitely early 80's model.

Mick

Every so often you might find a lite one. I looked awhile before I could find one I was comfortable with, 8.5 lb. and plays like a dream even with the fretless wonder frets. I'm not a true collecter so, I swapped the L8000 pups for some custom winds and added an aluminum tailpiece and some old Sprague Black Beauties. I have a 74' White Custom but, I know it would get frowned upon around here! lol! :cry:
P2130185-1.jpg

Back