• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: My first Springy / Goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamyasi

Reaction score
HI,

I am looking for my first tokai strat. I am after an st50 or higher that if I really like I can eventually invest in a higher end one.

I would prefer it to be beat up / knocked / chipped etc, I am definitely not looking for a mint guitar. I intend to use it regularly at gigs and don't want to worry about it taking knocks. The guitar would really serve as my introduction into the sound and character of tokai strats, good cosmetic condition is not a priority.

Here is the nearest thing I could find to what I am talking about:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13959

I did put an offer in for the above guitar but it was a bit out of my range, which is quite flexible: at least the going rate for st50s and upwards.

I would prefer a maple neck and as many original parts as possible, especially the pickups. In terms of colour, I am not a big fan of reds or sunburst but would still be interested.

Thanks

Probably not what you're looking for, but I think I'm going to let my black ST50 go. I have a couple of other Goldies & I'm not a fan of black guitars. But it's in very good condition for an 25 year old guitar, it still has both stickers on the back of the neck, so maybe not what you want?

IMG_2642.jpg

Mike

HI, thanks for the reply,

Yeah you're right its not really what I had in mind at the moment.. although I might be interested if I am not lucky in my search!

Cheers

How about this one? 1982 ST-50 Springy in Flamingo Orange (Fiesta Red). SN# 12064 with 'U' pickups. I have more pictures if you are interested. It is in good shape, not mint but not beat up either. A true players guitar, not meant for the shelf.

100_2187.jpg

Let me know what you think and we can talk more about it. Send me a PM if you like.

John

hi
i got a black st 50 with mable neck from 1980 .... not mint but a very fine guitar all original except the logo ,,,, has a new logo now
all the best
otto

Latest posts

Back