• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where to buy Van Zandt Guitars?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one's pretty nice too. These are made by ESP too, and this one (high-end model) should be very similar to a Navigator:

http://www.digimart.net/guitar/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS01795842

If you're interested you could try to write the shop directly. Sometimes you get lucky and they'll ship abroad.

The one thing that gives me pause is that the neck looks quite thin / scooped around the first fret.

While you`re looking at the U-Box...notice that History GH-SV...I`ve got a few guitars from them and they are every bit as well made as anything MIJ now or before...Timeless Timber maple neck, selected alder 2 piece body...great guitars.

They have a Duncan DS-200 with matching head that looks nice too...have some of those as well, another top end model from Japan.

While you`re looking at the U-Box...notice that History GH-SV...I`ve got a few guitars from them and they are every bit as well made as anything MIJ now or before...Timeless Timber maple neck, selected alder 2 piece body...great guitars.

Im kind of leaning toward a Navigator or VanZandt - with maple board. I already have a Van Zandt STV-R3 that I bought used which is what opened my eyes to the Japanese guitars. I did not realize at the time what a great deal it really was. The only hesitation I have with the Navigators is that I have never played one. One of the things I really like about the Van Zandt, besides general quality, is the finish and pick-ups. I have read mixed reviews about the Duncan Antiquities, but the Navigators seem to have an outstanding reputation.

This one looks awesome!

NAVIGATOR.JPG

Just bought a Navigator on Yahoo Japan through Rinkya. Its basically the same as this one;

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r92255067

Same seller and same guitar, only a little less expensive because a bit more wear. Im buying it to play so I dont mind a few nick and scratches. Really nervous about buying such an expensive guitar through a third party, not being able to inspect, and not having a chance to return it. But there are not many options if your in the US and impatient like me. I will be sure to post about the transaction and let everyone know about the Yahoo seller and Rinkya.

Update. Just got the Navigator I bought off Yahoo Japan through Rinkya. Awesome guitar and the transaction through Rinkya was pretty smooth. Fees were about $150 and they were very responsive. Definitely recommend.

Bacchus%20Guitars

whelanator said:
Update. Just got the Navigator I bought off Yahoo Japan through Rinkya. Awesome guitar and the transaction through Rinkya was pretty smooth. Fees were about $150 and they were very responsive. Definitely recommend.

Bacchus%20Guitars

Very nice!
The one above was sold for 83000yens!?

That's a really good price. On that type of guitar I like some little nicks and scratches anyway. I wasn't interested myself because the neck looked pretty thin, but a beautiful guitar nevertheless.

Back