What Tokai did I just buy?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leadguitar_323 said:
Too late Mike i'm already over it... :wink:

Mick
I could have joined in ages ago but it's a bit like the chicken and the egg....the whole argument is redundant.
Exhibit A:
A ******** greedy Cannuck distributor went and ruined it for the innocent Canadian guitar buying public.
Exhibit B:
If you own one of the Canadian Tokai that were crafted by Dillion or any number of Korean factories OTHER than Tokai then you in fact DO NOT own a Tokai...you own a Dillion with a Tokai logo on it.
Now will you all SHUT THE FECK UP....it's boring now :roll:

detroitace said:
However, in my opinion, the Tokai was made to deceive and is therefore a fake.

As for non-US Fenders, no they are not fakes. They are made by Fender and are sanctioned by the company. They are real Fenders. The Tokai made Fenders are not fakes either for the same reason. The Tokai made 7okais are fakes, though, if the headstock and logo look very, very similar to the real Fender logo and headstock. They are good fakes, but still fakes.
--

I can't accept that. My Tokai Springy & my Goldstars are not fakes - they were made by Tokai, & they say Tokai on the headstock. They were copying a classic design, but most of the guitars on the market are copies of a Strat - it's the industry standard! The only reason manufacturers have to tweak the body shape or headstock shape now is because Fender belatedly got round to copyrighting their designs. And the only reason they did that is because Tokai were making much better Strats than Fender were from 78 to 82. Tokai kickstarted Fender into making great guitars again!

In contrast, a Tokai made Fender Strat seems far more like a fake to me. OK, Fender US licensed Tokai to make it, but it's a Tokai! It was made in a factory over which Fender have no real control, by people who work in their own way, using working practices they have developed over the decades. And yet it says Fender on the headstock..... :-?

According to your definition, a big corporation merely granting a license to produce a product makes something genuine. That seems over-simplistic to me. The purist argument is that any Fender that wasn't made in California is not a true Fender.

Ozeshin said:
Now will you all SHUT THE FECK UP....it's boring now :roll:

There we go - who better to be our new, friendly, meeter & greeter?

:eek: :p :lol: 8)

:D :D :D Come on OZ, tell us what you really think. Now FFS Detroit ace you apparently are never going to get it. I showed you a link that has Fake Gibson's, get out your dictionary and look at the definitions for "fake" and "replica", Tokai's are replicas, nowhere does a Tokai say Gibson and also for your information Tokai make Fender Japan, so now i suppose they are fake too.. :eek: If it worries you that much and you are hell bent on justifying yourself ....then go to the LP forum where you will get some sympathy and stop carrying on with your own interpretation of what YOU think is fake................. Some people never get it.... :roll:

Mick

Latest posts

Back