What the hell is this Hendrix model nonsense from Gibson?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mole Man

Reaction score
FYI.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/janie-hendrix-introduces-915/

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Blogs/Gibson-USA-Blog/September-2009/Live-From-the-Production-Line-at-Gibson-USA.aspx

Any respect at I might have entertained for both Authentic Hendrix and the big G is now shot! Good grief, what's next I wonder?

Best regards,
Darren/Mole Man

Here's the finished article, it's heinous:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jimi-hendrix-electric-guitar-packages-220786

It's a shame to see Jimi's legacy being r@ped in this way. I've no respect for Gibson. Up until recently their website offered the option of Guitars or Lifestyle to click on, what a crock.

Horrific, mercenary, unnecessary.

There are so many strat copies on the market, some more attractive than others, that fact that it has taken a combination of Gibson and ?Hendrix? to come up with one of the ugliest strat copies I?ve ever seen is mind-boggling.

not exqctly ugly, but capitalist aside, this new hendrix guitar has a set neck with angled head stock and its cheap for a MIA guitar... maybe not a bad thing after all. Shall wait and see how it sounds:)

:roll: ........ think I'll just stick wit the ones I already have ................

Voodoo_Alder1_Ash2.jpg

Voodoo1Loaded.jpg

FenderJapanMaple.jpg

"Each guitar will have the Jimi Hendrix signature and logo on it"..

Sure they will also bring a limited run of 50 guitars,aged,played and signed from Jimi for 50000$ :wink:

blunty said:
not exqctly ugly, but capitalist aside, this new hendrix guitar has a set neck with angled head stock and its cheap for a MIA guitar... maybe not a bad thing after all. Shall wait and see how it sounds:)

The prices are very low for an American made Gibson, are they made in China probably?

This whole thing is very strange to a real guitarist, but to a grandmother shopping at the mall who sort of recognizes the name Jimi Hendrix and wants to buy a christmas present for her little rocker, they will probably sell a lot of them. :cry:

Some of these pic's remind me of Rob's guitars at the tokai convention

DSC03474.jpg

What guitars will we get to try this time? :D

Dave

Cali Girl said:
blunty said:

The prices are very low for an American made Gibson, are they made in China probably?

This whole thing is very strange to a real guitarist, but to a grandmother shopping at the mall who sort of recognizes the name Jimi Hendrix and wants to buy a christmas present for her little rocker, they will probably sell a lot of them. :cry:

Guess if the wood comes from China, I rather get the much cheaper SX strat copy or the Craftman strat copy. Have played a few **** good one like the real thing. :wink:

Latest posts

Back