What amp do you pair your Greco with?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very, very handsome Timo!
I thought you were more of a bigger bottle tube guy though, EL34s or something.

jacco said:
Looks very, very handsome Timo!
I thought you were more of a bigger bottle tube guy though, EL34s or something.

No no,I am cured :lol: after I sold my 100 watt Switchblade top with EL34s and almost no tiles anymore on my roof I know that 30 watts will be strong enough.Fortunately I recently build a Airbrake attenuator clone and I guess I will need it.I am more behind that older ZZ Top bluesy sound and for more distortion pedals will help.

I'm selling my Maz18 at the moment, I think I'm hooked on those nice littel 50s & 60s amps..

I'm using a Ceriatone Overtone Special halfstack, a very nice Dumble style amplifier. Don't have a Greco though ;)

jacco said:
I'm selling my Maz18 at the moment, I think I'm hooked on those nice littel 50s & 60s amps..

Tell me/us some more about the old little amps Jacco!

Hi Emiel,

Glad to hear that Ceriatone has reach your part of the world.
Time to get your Greco. :wink:

i'm running my 1984 Mint Collection Greco Les Paul thru a Ceriatone Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee Clone with a 1X12 speaker cab loaded with Celestion V30.

I'm a happy man... :D

tokai, es100

fender twin amp 1999
fender deluxe reverb 1974
london city 1969 (old dutch marchal like amps hand wired)

Waiting is over...it's raining again,no light at all and lousy pics ! One pic with flash and one without and finally one with my wiener... :wink:

ZWreck001a.jpg

ZWreck002b.jpg

ZWreck009b.jpg

nice rigs! i can see everyone has great taste in amps ,as well as guitars :D

Hi Volker

The tone is amazing even if the fun starts at a volume level that blows my roof away :lol: I build me an airbrake clone a while ago but cannot reach bedroom level :roll: No idea why,perhaps the resistor values in the schematics are wrong.Otherwise people who build it are happy with it.Perhaps different points of view what "bedroom level" means ??? People telling me the real thing ( DR.Z Airbrake) will do the job but I guess both are exactly the same.I will go for a perfect working attenuator but there are so many different opinions as attenuators...for the moment I use my expandora for distortion and to control the volume but in fact it's a real shame to play this amp with more than a guitar and a cable :wink:

Timo

Laney LC50 II, 2 Epiphone Valve Juniors modded with Marshall Plexi like circuits, Zvez Nanos, Rack mounted Marshall Preamp and Power Amp, Vox Tonelab, slaving amps through power amps using dummy loads and a few other amps as well.

The Greco (or any guitar) can match some amps better than others for certain tones.

Marshall handwired series 2061X head w matching 2061CX 2-12 cabinet.sounds sweet! :D
with Greco Junior:
Pennsauken-20110522-00124.jpg

with TL-800 Super Real Telecaster:
telemarshall.jpg

hi
fender champ from 1980 ,,,,, fender champ 12 .... and a new VHT 6 special
head and cab ,,,,, that i like a lot :D :D
all the best
otto

Back