whart are my options for a new tokai goldtop..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisogrady

Reaction score
Can you get them without P90's. I dont want to have a "chunky" neck. Will there be much of a difference between a Tokai and Edwards or are they both good quality. Thanks!

chrisogrady said:
Can you get them without P90's. I dont want to have a "chunky" neck. Will there be much of a difference between a Tokai and Edwards or are they both good quality. Thanks!

I bought a Goldtop LS75 with humbuckers from forum-member togps back in Dec '05...I imagine they are still available. I don't know a lot about neck sizes, but it feels like it's medium sized maybe? I have an Edwards E-LP-105LTS, too, and I'd say that its comparable to the Tokai in quality (they are both excellent guitars).

- Chris

They are available with humbuckers for definite. The only problem is availability of new ones (any new japanese at the minute actually) is limited so its a case of picking from what's around now or being prepared to wait.

And sods law - we've just had a load of P90 ones turn up... :wink:

The Chinese/Korean ones are humbucker equipped and a cheaper option.

Think i saw a post not too long ago where a guy was raving about his gold top...

NALS 48 GoldTop Plays great mahogony Body Maple Top MIK Glad i bought it .

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/space_114/?action=view&current=IM002554.jpg

Hmmm, looks nice. How would you describe the neck on these? I have a Korean LS48, so if you could compare the neck to that, it would help me.

They are pretty chunky if memory serves me right. I'm doing a load of paperwork tonight so i'll get one and A/B it for you - give you a good reference.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I will also start a new thread to see if any owners of these models want to tell me what they think of them.

Yeah - good idea. I'm sure i saw a thread a little while ago with a guy talking about his new gold top. Might be worth a quick search if you haven't done so already.

I'll speak to you in a bit

Rich

Latest posts

Back