Well - I bought a LP standard and compared it with my LS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
Gibson that is...

I absolutely love the tone but I do have to say my LS150 is superior in build and playability. This probably won't surprise you.

I had been looking at buying another Gibby for ages and I got a real bargain, my "old" one was rubbish but this 2004 Gibson is actually quite good.

I do prefer the tone of the Gibby so I'll probably sling a pair of burstbuckers in the LS - then we'll have a proper match there.

Overall not bad for ?800 LP Standard, not bad at all - they do a good job of copying tokai!
:wink:

Mr Orb, just reviewing your guitar list, is your Roswell Rhoads the aluminium one? Also what is an Iceman Giger? is that Giger as in HR ie Alien designer. Photos would be lovely

LP:

IMG_05751.jpg

IMG_05741.jpg

Roswell (the poplar one...):

IMG_0303.jpg

Giger (seller's picture):

ichrg2.jpg

Lovely! Crop circle inlays. Is the iceman an official Ibanez model or did you get it customised? Has Roswell Rhoads got the Sperzel tuners?

The Ibanez is the official version, regarding the Roswell it has run of the mill non locking tuners. I swapped the duncan design for a Catswhisker Dethbucker but will install an EMG 85 this week.

Latest posts

Back