VINTAGE GRECO RICK REPLICA

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you know anyone with a 330 dot neck copy for sell??
Im a player and cant really afford what a REAL Rick cost.
t

leadguitar_323 said:
I can guarantee that, i live on the south side and have also been to Tyms a couple of times but my greco's come from Japan.

Mick

Had any problems importing them from Japan? Language barriers and so forth? I've read things where people say that it's often hard to find a dealer in Japan who will export outside of the country.

Any pics of your Grecos? Always keen to see what other people have bought.

Little bit of "break down in communication" but now i have an American schooled Japanese guy who helps me out, he speaks fluent english... :wink:
I have only one left, its a RR-65 LP custom.
greco-lp-wh-02.jpg

greco-lp-wh-017.jpg

greco-lp-wh-09.jpg

Mick

I've just bought a very fine 1991 fireglo Grick six string from this guy Tak in Japan. now sitting under the Xmas tree (I'll stick some photos up once I sort the technology). His English is excellent, fast communication, he ships quickly via EMS (to Europe & the States as well as Australia - less than a week turnaround), and his ebay feedback is 100% - he does a lot of ebay business on Grecos (I went x-ebay, however due to R-patrols). He also takes Paypal.

He still has 2 (!) Grickenbackers 12s currently remaining for sale (I think all three came from the same collector), one a stunning mapleglo, the other an even better fireglo, both I think from 1994. He's sent me pictures. Prices @$1250USD, postage included. Of course there's import duty to factor in on top of this. I'm sorely tempted myself, but I've just recently also bought a very old Rick 450/12, and the guitar budget's consequently well-blown by two big purchases.

PM me for lots of pictures of the two 12s which I can pass on.

Anyway, thought I would pass the information on to some fellow Gric enthusiasts. Good luck for any takers and let me know how it goes!

Here's the detail.

Takahiro nasu
 156-0057
 4-15-5 kamikitazawa setagaya-ku tokyo Japan
 home 3-3306-5362
 cell phone 90-8044-1658
 http://www.katanaguitars.com/

Back