Villager now you've done it !!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
I bought a 1979 LS120 from japan a couple months ago from my Japanese contact- He wanted $2600 for the Fiddle-(actually he wanted $2900) After serious negoitation he told me about a web site that had very expensive old Tokai's- Guess who's website he emailed me???

Yep Yep Old Villager with those really expensive Tokai's- SO the guys in Japan seem to be using your prices as a baseline-

I hate you Villager !!!!
:)
would you just look at her though !!!!
11Tokai2.jpg

There must be lots of other guys,who knows villagers website. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160137275993&rd=1&rd=1

And we all knows your collection ochay. :wink:

Volker

Ochay, I had a similar discussion with japanese dealer. He told me to turn to Villager for a guitar. :D

I'm suspecting a conspiracy, monopoly of japanese guitars run by Mark!! 8)

joukov said:
Ochay, I had a similar discussion with japanese dealer. He told me to turn to Villager for a guitar. :D

I'm suspecting a conspiracy, monopoly of japanese guitars run by Mark!! 8)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

... I agree - it's the only way to survive in this market !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Hi!

But that's perfect! As long as the nippons are ready to pay Mark's price and the cost for transport to Japan.....
:D :D :D

Sterling pound is the strongest money still so it?s easier to pay the money asked (in yen) and he can beat everyone,not bad for him.
I guess the prices are too high,I told this several times but again it?s a economic thing: supply and demand rules.

I?m looking for a 120/150 Reborn, but I cannot pay such high prices,I wish I could.... :cry:

Joukov,I was told the same as you when I requested for a Reborn last year....

I'm sorry but having been around the block plenty of times with old Tokais, I still can't see why a LS120 is worth ?1500. But there y'go. I can remember the same thing being said about old Strats. :wink:

my point Mark is at least My Buddy is using your prices as a baseline to charge their price-I think your right about the VAT- they have no clue-

yes so your mate should take my price then knock off 23% and shipping to get the equivelent in Japan...

but a reborn 120 sold for 290000 yen on digimart a week or so ago...

...that would have cost me ?1650 ($3300) to get to my door with my buyer fees, and shipping and duty...

I made a comment, here in the forum some time ago, concerning a seller's prices having a bearing on the 'market' and my words were relegated to being hogwash; oh well.................

it depends where you buy from..if you buy from a shop, then the price is fixed at what they think is the optimum price to sell at, if you buy at auction then the price depends on who is willing to pay the most...

Latest posts

Back