Two Vees Two '85 Love Rocks - Bucks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipps

Reaction score
Here -
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/crestwood1969/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

That's quite a set he has here. Or is he here too? :)
Or is it you? Are you bidding?

I wish I was bidding on that LS-150!

Has to be a veneered top though, with that BBQ grill flame?

The unbroken Flying V is really nice, and it has the original case (nice bonus!). The price at the moment is a steal, it will be interesting to see what it goes for. I think it's a pretty rare Tokai compared to the Love Rock and Springy Sound models which appear to be plentiful :)

the fine V went for 920, incl case.
no chance for me to get it :(

would the broken for +- 400 be a decent buy ?!?!
not sure about that-

477 for the broken one....I put a bid in for the one in case but no way I want to pay that sort of price.

All the best to the new owner...one of you gentlemen?

1400 :eek: :eek: wow, that is not a bargain.
i know one, that sells a 2007 150 for 1200 eo, incl case........

and 477 for the one with the headstock problem..
hmm, i do not know.
for 750 eo you can get a new gib####.
but that is a different story, i suppose.
:wink:

You're right Rico,

The V is one of the cheapest G****ns. I tried a few over the years but I don't really like the faded series, not particularly well built.

HOWEVER, I do not want to be a snob and I need to confess I played a 67 reissue in cream white that was fantastic. I'm still droolin about it, the price was 450 GBP used (Mint) about 10 years ago.

looktoyourorb said:
HOWEVER, I do not want to be a snob and I need to confess I played a 67 reissue in cream white that was fantastic. I'm still droolin about it, the price was 450 GBP used (Mint) about 10 years ago.

Like this?

FVcreme20320Large1.jpg

FVcreme20120Large1-1.jpg

FVcreme20620Large1-1.jpg

FVcreme201320Large1.jpg

Now that's what I call a proprer V.

I was talking about a Gibby but this Tokai version of the 67 is just gorgeous - please don't tell me it sounds great!!!

GAS here we go again - I need to tell the wife I REALLY need an 11th axe...

**** Marcus! I don't even like Vs - I would look ridiculous with a V - but that's the nicest V I've ever seen. Even nicer than Albert's.

:p

Mike

looktoyourorb said:
Now that's what I call a proprer V.

I was talking about a Gibby but this Tokai version of the 67 is just gorgeous - please don't tell me it sounds great!!!

GAS here we go again - I need to tell the wife I REALLY need an 11th axe...

Thanks - when you mentioned the white Gibson 67, I couldn't help myself. Yeah, it does sound good....

stratman323 said:
**** Marcus! I don't even like Vs - I would look ridiculous with a V - but that's the nicest V I've ever seen. Even nicer than Albert's.

:p

Mike

Thanks brother.... I was looking for a 50's Korina and saw the 67 - had to have it. Bought it from togps (Thanks Gottfried) and it came with the original gig bag in equally fine condition.

Later found a brown Gibson V case with pink poodledog plush and a V shaped shroud for $50 at a pawnshop in Houston.

yeah that was a beautiful collection he had there ...best i've seen on E-bay.....

just to recap for anyone that was interested they went for

1983 FV70 korina with case ?920

1983 FV70 korina damaged neck no case ?477

1985 Love Rock Gold Top no case ?615

1985 LS150 with great tiger stripe finish ?1389

there's no doubt your early 80's Tokais were a good investment ....

i couldn't afford any of them at the moment but it was great to see them ...although i do have an identical Gold top '85 that i bought for ?300 back in 1998 ....so it's been better than money in the bank ......

Latest posts

Back