Tried a new TST50 today

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japaxes

Reaction score
Tried out a new tokai tst50 today (thanks martin at the little guitar shop)
Well what a great guitar ,fabulous tone ,great feel and look . vintage three tone sunburst ,rosewood fretboard . set up perfectly . "STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX " A/B with a f****r custom shop 62 stratocaster & the only major difference was the pick ups (mellower on the custom shop ) but at ?2200 more ? .Brought me back to the 80s remembering why these guitars were great then . Truly a modern classic .well done tokai

Cant agree more, Ive got one of the Mary Kaye TST 50's and it is an absolute cracker, though to be honest Im still having some trouble coming to terms with the maple neck and vintage frets, not the guitars fault though!

heres a pic of mine

tstmarykaye003.jpg

prudd said:
Cant agree more, Ive got one of the Mary Kaye TST 50's and it is an absolute cracker, though to be honest Im still having some trouble coming to terms with the maple neck and vintage frets, not the guitars fault though!

heres a pic of mine

tstmarykaye003.jpg

Decided to move it on, its in the classifieds, heres the link:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20115

japaxes said:
Tried out a new tokai tst50 today (thanks martin at the little guitar shop)
Well what a great guitar ,fabulous tone ,great feel and look . vintage three tone sunburst ,rosewood fretboard . set up perfectly . "STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX " A/B with a f****r custom shop 62 stratocaster & the only major difference was the pick ups (mellower on the custom shop ) but at ?2200 more ? .Brought me back to the 80s remembering why these guitars were great then . Truly a modern classic .well done tokai

Wait till you try a TTE70...it will blow your mind...it crushes USA Fender Teles.
We put a set of Lindy Fralins in one, we removed them the next day, the stock pickups sounded better 'live' than the Fralins.
The AST70 is also a great guitar.

The differences between a TTE/AST50 models and a TTE/AST70.
The 50 models have vintage specs and vintage headstock, the 70 models have medium frets, 9.5" radius necks, with modified headstock.

Diamond said:
The 50 models have vintage specs and vintage headstock, the 70 models have medium frets, 9.5" radius necks, with modified headstock.

Now I?m confused, weren?t that the differences between TTE and ATE?

felixcatus said:
Diamond said:

Now I?m confused, weren?t that the differences between TTE and ATE?

My mistake, typing error, yes, ATE70 models. :D

Latest posts

Back