Tokai Tweed Amp - One really good transistor!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eigil

Reaction score
So, my dad has this sweet little Tokai Tweed amp. It is 35W, and has proven to be loud and proud. My dad has used it at gigs, and played for over 200 people without any micing. That little 8" speaker sure sounds really huge, and it gives a stratplayer all the Fender cluck he needs. Have a look at it! This picture is'nt very good, and was actually not taken to include the amp. Have any of you guys tried this amp? What are your experiences?

http://home.no.net/ekorsage

I love that amp! It seems to have the same tweed as the Tokai guitar cases, a little different colors compared to Fenders tweed. I do have a Peavey Classic 30 tweed valve amp which is a great little two channel amp.

I've never seen the Tokai amp in Sweden, I don't know if it was available here, I'll have a look in the 1985 swedish price list I have.

If you haven't tried the Tokai effect pedals, do it! They are really good, back in the 80's I only bought the analog delay which I foolishly traded for a digital multi effect in the early 90's. A couple of weeks ago I found another Tokai delay in perfect condition at a very reasonable price. I now have managed to find all of the Tokai stomp boxes except for the flanger which I'm currently looking for.

Mike

:eek: I have one of these amps, got it when I bought a Tokai Paisley Tele, they threw it in! Its good for practice but I wouldnt gig with it. That Peavy 30 or a Fender Blues JR. are about as small as you can get and still have a bit of low end. Just my two cents :D

My dad's bandmate used this for a couple of occations, and some people asked him where that big guitarsound was coming from. They just couldn't believe what they saw. It was just that little amp, hanging on the wall by a nail. ;) Now they use a Fender Twin Reverb, but this band mate of his still want's to buy that amp from my dad.

Latest posts

Back