Tokai Stratocaster hmm..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickdal

Reaction score
I think this is a bit, well, not in the ball park at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOKAI-STRATOCASTER-Blue-finish-rare-collectors-item_W0QQitemZ270158037914QQihZ017QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone else agree,

Label, saddles, etc etc

Mick

Possibly the worst Tokai fake I have seen. Not even Tokai had the nerve to call any of their guitars "Stratocaster" :eek:

I always wonder why people go through all the work to produce a fake and then get it completely wrong. :eek:

Tells a lot about them, I'd say. :lol:

R

Shame........................... i wonder how many people had to report it for Ebay to act on it ? Did you notice the disclaimer the seller was hiding behind, a sticker on the guitar body saying "sold as seen" !

Yeah mate, I saw that sticker too, and I also wonder how many complaints were sent in order for the fleabay sheriff to act. Or did the seller have a conscious....not.

Mick

Could be that Fender pulled it as it breached their copyright - even Tokai didn't pinch Fender's trademarks like that. :eek:

Its back !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Guitar-Tokai-Copy-Blue-finish-as-new_W0QQitemZ270159363517QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This time, "old mate" is not showing the headstock logo, and what a gem it was,

The seller had removed whatever the large label was, replacing it with a 1984 style TOKAI label, but left all the remaining small print labels, which included a small print stratocaster just to the right.

The TOKAI label was placed way out of 'normal' position,

Mick

I just made a bid at 2.--.

Probably we should talk to ebay about reverse auctioning....

:p

The cheeky sod was clever to state this in the opening line

"I bought this guitar at a general auction thinking it was a genuine Tokai but it is a very good copy"

Very clever choice of words, for a BS artist.

Mick

BaggyPants said:
It's a Richwood, just like my wifes ;)

It sure is. an RE- Standard to be precise :wink:

But worse then that, it has had its original Mint Green pickguard removed and replaced with a really cheap piece of rubbish ( even though the original Mint Green guard was bad in eh first place ! ).

Latest posts

Back