Tokai ST-50 questions...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbarlow

Reaction score
Hello,

I just starting looking for a nice Tokai ST on ebay since i am interested in buying one.
I came across this auction.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Springy-Sound-ST-50-Sunburst-Guitar-MIJ-70s-80s_W0QQitemZ230347456585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item35a1c74049&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

since i am totally new to Springys I'd like to ask if there is a possibility that
american pickups or pickguard would not fit this guitar (I have read of such cases for Greco "Strat" but i do not know about Tokai).

Also whatever information you could give me on this guitar would be much appreciated.
The Ebay seller seems to have many nice MIJ guitars, I wonder if he is
good choice for a seller (I am totally new to ebay as well :-?

Thanks in advance and I hope i do not ask too much question to be answered :p

Alexandros

Hi

Seller is quite good, I have bought from him before...the guitar he is selling is 1980 ST42, and looks in very very good condition...
It is not ST50 which had kluson style tuners, ST-42 has Fender style F-Key tuners...
I love the sen ash, the pickups are U's and are really good, as for changing, well it's up to you....someone else might chip in re Fender pickguard swap etc...for me, it's a very nice example of ST-42 and I would most likely just leave it, if it were mine.

gb

Thanks for the reply, i do not WANT to change the pickups or pickguard I am just asking if i can.

Alexandros

A fender pickguard will not fit a tokai. P.S You say you don`t want to change the pickguard, Is somebody forcing you then?My advice is resist,if you give way on this you never Know where it will end.Gabe.

Latest posts

Back