Tokai Price Increase

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Crossing

Reaction score
The Tokai's must be selling good even in a distressed economy, as the prices have reportedly increased. I bought my LS-150 just a few days before they raised the prices it's probably an LS-160 now if you go by the model to price codes. Now that I own one I hope the value keeps increasing. Shipping prices from Japan have increased as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-LS160-MI-Japan-NEW-long-tenon-G-Top-Nitro-w-OHC_W0QQitemZ270511278836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efbba8af4

Easy Crossing said:
Now that I own one I hope the value keeps increasing.

:eek: ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :lol:

this is hilarious ! What about the next one you want to buy ! :eek:

labbi said:
Easy Crossing said:

:eek: ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :lol:

Not really - same thing with owning a home. Your tickled to death that your property value has gone up with the market but so too have the houses you may want to uprgade to.

Easy Crossing said:
Shipping prices from Japan have increased as well.

Yeah, I noticed that Ishibashi had increased shipping prices a little bit recently. It may only be for the ebay auctions as they have ebay fees to absorb now, unlike buying directly from their site.

Checking the Japan Post EMS calculator today for a package I got a few months ago, it comes out at exactly the same price as what was on my shipping paperwork, so EMS has not increased their prices.

marcusnieman said:
labbi said:
Easy Crossing said:

Not really - same thing with owning a home. Your tickled to death that your property value has gone up with the market but so too have the houses you may want to uprgade to.

I accept your view but I can?relate to what youre saying. To me guitars are not like houses. But I understand what youre saying about the price increase, the only one who benefits from the situation is the guy suckering the other guy. Losses get higher and so does the rate of scams.
Look at Gibson, Fender, Tokai... ?

labbi said:
marcusnieman said:
labbi said:
Easy Crossing said:

I accept your view but I can?relate to what youre saying. To me guitars are not like houses. But I understand what youre saying about the price increase, the only one who benefits from the situation is the guy suckering the other guy. Losses get higher and so does the rate of scams.

To words to consider on ANY purchase - Caveat Emptor

LS-150 (now LS-160) is still the most astronomical good deal in the guitar world, it is one third the price of the comparable Gibby, whereas the LS-260 is about half the price of the R9, still a good deal though.

Tokai have a small production comparing to others. If you have a lot of demand and you cannot get production to match it you can rise prices...you got all sold .....Very smat move if you can do it. And gret for them!

luis said:
Tokai have a small production comparing to others. If you have a lot of demand and you cannot get production to match it you can rise prices...you got all sold .....Very smat move if you can do it. And gret for them!

I never thought of that- smart move inded, thanks for the comment :)

marcusnieman said:
labbi said:
marcusnieman said:
labbi said:
Easy Crossing said:

To words to consider on ANY purchase - Caveat Emptor

Another two words to consider on ANY purchase-

satisfied customer

great buy

good deal

returning customer

sweet deal

fair price

etc etc etc

Latest posts

Back