Tokai Necks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web Surf

Reaction score
After lurking at this forum, I am convinced that I should buy a Tokai Les Paul shaped guitar and a Tokai SG guitar

I have smaller hands and prefer thinner necks

My other guitar is a Fender Tele. It has a "Modern C" neck and is 41 mm at the nut.

I could not find data on dimensions of Tokai necks.

Please help.

There was a pretty comprehensive thread on this very forum detailing neck shape and dimensions through various eras of tokai history.

It's still around somewhere but unfortunately a lot of the info came from a forum member who has since left us and deleted all his posts when he did so.

However, it is well known that Tokai's Gibson replicas have almost always had a 50's carve, which is quite chunky by modern standards. It's slightly thinner and has a more comfy shape (IMO) than the 50's carve on the Gibson LP Standards. My advice would be to track down a Love Rock/SG and try them out to see how you get on with them, and don't discount them immediately because you think they'll be too fat. There's too much of that kind of thing going on these days thanks to the internet; people getting a spec into their head and making decisions while never getting their hands on the guitar in question.

I don't have huge hands and my tokai has a very hand-filling '58 shape - I love it. I knew it was perfect the moment I wrapped my hand around it. It makes chords so much easier and greatly reduces finger/thumb strain when playing the high frets.

hi web surf welcome to the forum
like paladin says try them , my hands are small and i prefer the chunkier necks of the newre models i have a 2004 ls75q and it deffinatly feels more comfortable to play than the 1985 ls70f just sold it on friday which has a slimmer neck

I've got an SG70, and what I love about it the most is the chunky neck - in my (llimited) experience, the ES100s and 120s have a slimmer, more 60's neck profile. Good luck.

Maybe it's a hand matter but I do feel ES120 neck more to a '59(in fact I feel a little thicker and meatier than LS80 one).Orville by Gibson sure it's a slim taper one.Making a comparison between both I owned I can say surely Tokai neck was fatter and meatier.ES120 neck would be very similar To Ibanez John Scoffield I could try(F+numbers serial #....)

I think you are right on Luis, my soon to be traded ES 120 has a real fat neck, but I love it. IT is one of the most precise guitars I've ever played. I will buy the new high end model one day!

Mark

Thank you every one.

I would appreciate it if someone could post actual dimensions.

Also, I take it that all of the current Tokai Les Pauls have the same neck ( ie neck dimensions on LS380, LS 230, LS135 etc are all the same ?

According to Palladin and his LS200 and my own LS150 experience this is the thickest neck Tokai make.....LS230 must be in the same venue as these both I guess....

Latest posts

Back