Tokai LS 95 - fully solid, weight relief or chambered?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abcabc

Reaction score
Hello,
please answer if anyone is sure whether Tokai LS 95 are fully solid body, weight relieved or chambered.
Thank you!

Paladin2019 said:
Solid.

The Japanese don't go in for that weight relief nonsense, they just source decent wood to begin with.

Exactly.

I just got a order in of 35 LS Japanese models...they all weigh between 9/9.5 lbs.
If they were chambered they'd weigh less than 8 lbs, who in their right mind would want a Les Paul to weigh less than 8 lbs. :roll:

Catscan, proof, solid body. :D

1390548_650125531684655_452822768_n.jpg

The catscans were done by a member here...I can't remember his name...big thanks to him.

If I remember correctly he was installing a catscan machine at a hospital, whilst he was setting it up he did some scans of his LS160.

tokaicatscan2.jpg

tokaicatscan3.jpg

tokaicatscan.jpg

Thank you. How about made in Japan Epiphone LPS-80?
http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Epiphone_Japan#LPS-80
Also fully solid-body? (I hope you don't mind me asking here about the Epiphone, as this is not the Tokai guitar)

P.S. Catscan looks so cool :)

Hiya guys! :)

The guitar in pictures above is a '04 LS200. Easily the sweetest Les Paul I have ever touched. It has a very very light one piece body with a stunning top, ebony(like?) fretboard, Seth Lovers, etc. It weighs only 3.8kg/8.4 pounds. It sounds brighter, open and airy compared to my Gibson R8 (also very low weight solid body) and to other Tokais I had.

****, I miss that thing!

IMG_5682.jpg

Back to the topic. Yes, the 9Xs are also solid wood without compromises. Unfortunately I don't have CT scan pics of LS95 but here is a transillumination picture of '09 LC95. The resolution is pretty bad compared to CT scans but you can see it is solid wood body made of two pieces. The picture is taken with radioactive cobalt sheet and gamma camera detector :lol:

Tokai_LC-95WR.JPG

Karppi

I won't forget again, I love those scans...thanks again. :D

I had a few of the LS200 5A models, absolutely awesome guitars, you shouldn't have sold yours. :)

Back