Tokai Love Rock LS75

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to the world of Tokais.

I have been offered a MIJ 2005 LS75 Love Rock in good condition for 730 USD. I know it's not a lot of detailed information, but would that be a fair price for this particular model? It comes with a gigbag - not a hardcase.
If not, what would be a fair price - and is this model any good compared to Gibson Les Pauls?

It's worth it, but for a 2005 model the price might be a little high...possibly $100 to much.

It's as good as a GLP model that has a solid mahogany body (not chambered) and a solid maple plaintop.

The current model is a LS95, here's the retail price and specs of the LS90/95 in the UK.

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=84&category_id=15&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

It's very hard to give you an opinion in regards to that Tokai in so far as price goes. I wouldn't say that amount is outragious or anything though. Have you seen it ??? Are you from the U.S. or ?? Good condition can mean different things to different people. Would it require extra money be put into it at all for fretwork etc.. ?? Bottom line i suppose is whether you think it is worth $730. Play it and check it over, there are plenty of guitars in this world, always remember that.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Unfortunately there's quite a distance between seller and I, which makes it difficult to try it beforehand. According to seller though, the guitar doesn't need any work done on it.

I live in Europe.

Best thing to do would be to get him to take and send you many clear pictures of the guitar then. It always seemed to me that prices in Europe for guitars are crazy so maybe $730 is a better deal than i thought first. You'll have a better idea on that than i would. Good luck.

Cool thing about Tokais is that you don't have to play them before you buy them.
If you like the colour and understand what model you're buying just go for it.

If it's 'used' then obviously make sure the guitar is in good condition, frets are still good, etc, etc.

If it's new don't worry about anything...

Back