Tokai in Vintage Guitar Again!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
8) Just opened the new Vintage Guitar Magazine with the Strat Reissues on the cover { I subscribe} and Tokai is talked about by George Gruhn. Tokai photos were used in the 82' Fender cataloge, you can see "Tokai" stamped on the back of the machines! Also a feature on aluminium guitars, and a nice photo of a Talbo!! 8) We gotta get them to do a Tokai History like they have done for so many lesser brands! :wink: TG

Please scan it and put here on this forum if possible.I have no access to that Magazine here and I am avid for reading all Tokai related articles.

:eek: Vintage Guitar will ship anywhere that has postal delivery! It's a great magazine with a lot of great info. Tokai is just starting to get mentioned, there are a lot of vintage "Nuts" who get all upset when you talk about anything not USA made! :-? One guy cancelled his scrip after reading a positive review of Chinese guitars at NAMM! :cry: I wonder if he drives an American made car? ... It's a new world! Wake up! and smell the Sake! :wink: TG

Tokaiguy,

Was it the October issue? I just picked up the November issue and they only mention the Talbo in passing on a article about aluminum neck guitars.

Ned

:eek: I don't want to mislead you, these are just mentions and a picture. Up until now Tokai has never been mentioned in the Vintage Guitar magazine other than an ocasional SRV association. A few months back a picture of an AST was featured in the price guide. We are breaking ground in the Vintage market! :D I would'nt change a Tok to a Fender or a Gibson they are becoming recognized for thier quality by people like George Gruhn! In the way that Lexus raised the bar on auto quality Tokai did to the domestic manufacturers! I've said it before Gibson and Fender are in the buisness that the Japanese started...Replicas! Does anyone want a new Gibson desighn or a Fender with humbuckers? :-? These companies did thier best work in the 50's and early 60'sand now make what we were getiing from Japan all those years ago! :wink: TG just my opinion, I could be wrong!

I've been picking up the odd issue from the news stand and finally bit the subscription bullet.

Ned

Latest posts

Back