Tokai ES-115 CM

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordon

Reaction score
Anybody out here know specs and year made?
The nice folks over at Nippon say it's a dealer special run, has small block inlays, plain black, '63 reisue type.
No pics at the moment, waiting for them.

What current model would it correspond to?

Thx

okay I will try and share some oics.
The guitar has no serial #
There are many fine scratches - what finish is this?
The pickup-coves look really weird, never seen wear like this before from play

R0015406.JPG

R0015409.JPG

R0015411.JPG

+1 for bigger picks. My pickup covers look a bit like that. If you're used to chrome covers it may be a surprise how nickel tarnishes - and fast.

It's a beauty that one. I'd throw some black reflector knobs on... stat. :)

How does it sound and play?

Thank you guys, I have not received it yet.
Let alone ordered it.
I will post pics and a review when i got her
Cheers
Gordon

gordon said:
Anybody out here know specs and year made?
The nice folks over at Nippon say it's a dealer special run, has small block inlays, plain black, '63 reisue type.
No pics at the moment, waiting for them.

What current model would it correspond to?

Thx

I have one, bought used via online auction. It was originally purcashed in March 2008, so probably made in 2007 or early 2008. From info I dug up on the Web (in Japanese), it is indeed a dealer special run with block inlays and special pickups. Can't tell you any more except it sounds great and seems to be getting better.

BDM

Okay she is here and even much nicer in person. The pickups have a nice faded look. The guitar looks spotless, pristine, rarely played.

I will take her to gigging right away tomorrow night and saturday. Will report and post pic later on.

Finish is definitely poly, action is incredibly low and the guitar is very resonant played acoustically. No amps here in my office.....

gordon said:
Okay she is here and even much nicer in person. The pickups have a nice faded look. The guitar looks spotless, pristine, rarely played.

I will take her to gigging right away tomorrow night and saturday. Will report and post pic later on.

Finish is definitely poly, action is incredibly low and the guitar is very resonant played acoustically. No amps here in my office.....

Are you still planning to report on your impressions of this guitar? I would love to hear them.

BDM

Latest posts

Back