Tokai and Vintage Guitar!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
:D Tokai in the November Vintage Guitar!! Nick Moss , a player from Chicago who plays an 82' Burny SG{pictured in the article} talks about the "Big Four " makers in Japan and sez that "Everyone knows about the great Tokai guitars " that they have become collectors items!!! He goes on to talk about how the Burny out SG's a Gibson!!!! :lol: Micheal Wright has a big article and the cover story this month!! I always knew the rest of the guitar community would come around!!! :lol: I'm trying to convince Micheal to tell the Tokai story...Keep your Klusons crossed!!!TG :wink:

hello skyrocketing prices. I remember after a favorable article in VG the vintage DOD 690 chorus, previously a $75 oddball, shot up to $150 practically overnight.

Glad I got my Tokai last month. :x

Hmm, if you go to their homepage and click on "Current Issue", they talk about Matsumoku (Aria etc.), but not directly about Tokai, it seems:

http://www.vintageguitar.com/current/default.asp

THE DIFFERENT STRUMMER
Japanese Muscle: A Tribute to Matsumoku Motto
An ode to the guitars produced by the legendary factory, founded in 1951 as a manufacturer of sewing machines, and maker of many of the best Japanese guitars of the 1970s and ’80s. By Michael Wright

Latest posts

Back