Tips on fitting pickguard to Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryburst

Reaction score
OK, so I've ordered a pickguard from Bob at Tokai UK for my LS125 SEB.

Any tips on installing it, without making a mess of the lacquer finish? I'd like the screw holes to be as neat as possible. Who knows, I may want to remove the pickguard in the future.

Any advice appreciated. 8)

Has nobody done this to their Love Rock? I know it's a fairly simple process, I'm just looking for a few do's and don'ts from someone that's done it before.

cherryburst said:
Has nobody done this to their Love Rock? I know it's a fairly simple process, I'm just looking for a few do's and don'ts from someone that's done it before.

I took my pickguards off of my Les Pauls.....all of them.

I suggest before you drill for the hole in the side of body for the bracket screw,you assemble the bracket to the pickguard .set it in place and raise it high enough off the top as not to rub on finish.....Also BE SURE TO PREDRILL HOLES!!! :)

hunter said:
I suggest before you drill for the hole in the side of body for the bracket screw,you assemble the bracket to the pickguard .set it in place and raise it high enough off the top as not to rub on finish.....Also BE SURE TO PREDRILL HOLES!!! :)

Thanks Hunter - I managed to borrow a drill with a number of small bits for the pre-drilling. I want to make sure it's a neat job so the guard can be removed in the future, but I'll be leaving it on so I don't suppose it matters much. I just hope the finish doesn't crack when I'm starting the holes. :-?

Back