The current Tokai ATE Tele's are 'magical'.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've got a matsumoto coloured breezysound with the wrong headstock shape,mop double binding around the body,made in japan on base of neck, not a clue what model it is, sounds great, but i've never played a fender tele.
love to know which model it is diamond.

Big Willie Style said:
I couldn't possibly have seen this at a worse time - I've been gassing hard for a tele. How's the neck profile on these?

Jason

as good as the strat copies, fantastic. :D

jonah65 said:
i've got a matsumoto coloured breezysound with the wrong headstock shape,mop double binding around the body,made in japan on base of neck, not a clue what model it is, sounds great, but i've never played a fender tele.
love to know which model it is diamond.

Not sure which one you've got.
The Tokai model is the ATE78B (modified headstock)...the one in the middle of this photo is the same guitar but with Vintage headstock.

The Vintage White one is the ATE70 (9.5" radius and medium frets), and the blonde one is the TTE82 Ash model (vintage specs, 7.25" radius and vintage frets).

ate78b.jpg

Big Willie Style said:
Are they chunky. D, C, V shape? I've got a very nice Bacchus strat but the neck is a tad too slim for my big **** hooks. I prefer a neck a litte more substantial. Thanks for the reply.

Jason

9.5" radius, medium frets (same frets as the LS models), C shaped necks, very slim & sexy....typical Japanese Fender necks.

breezysound001.jpg

my breezy, what is it? can't find it in any of the catologues.
this is not the correct pickguard, i've put the correct white one back on, also thats a lil 59er pickup :oops:

Is this one of the magicals Diamond ?

http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18937&sid=8352ea4bf40eefc2e5b6a711e13f6be0

t.olsen said:
Is this one of the magicals Diamond ?

http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18937&sid=8352ea4bf40eefc2e5b6a711e13f6be0

Yup, that looks like one of the magicals. :)

jonah65 said:
breezysound001.jpg

my breezy, what is it? can't find it in any of the catologues.
this is not the correct pickguard, i've put the correct white one back on, also thats a lil 59er pickup :oops:

Sorry, I have no idea, can't help you.
Perhaps one of the Matsumoku models?
Awesome looking guitar.

I couldn't resist wulfman's breezy for $470 Canadian shipping included to Canada, if the guitar is as magical as the price i will be in 7th heaven. I just want to know what the difference is between the TTE models and the ATE models ??? Is one domestic and one export ???

brokentoes said:
I couldn't resist wulfman's breezy for $470 Canadian shipping included to Canada, if the guitar is as magical as the price i will be in 7th heaven. I just want to know what the difference is between the TTE models and the ATE models ??? Is one domestic and one export ???

TTE models are vintage specs, 7.25" neck radius, vintage frets, vintage headstock...ash and alder.
ATE models are 9.5" radius, medium frets, modified headstock...ash and alder.

Out of interest would you pay $750 for a new one?

Thanks for the information about the differences between the models, to be honest i'm not generally a Tele player but my friend let me borrow his and i really liked the feel of it and how it played, it was a fender U.S.A. model and i have to say i was impressed, but the price tag was staggering, it **** well better be that good !!! I have been on the look out for an inexpensive one because i thought i'd like to have one around and was considering buying a "Vintage" brand one if i found it cheap when i stumbled on this thread and wulfmans classified ad, for an extra $170 or so i was willing to go with a name i knew and trusted, also i thought the price was more than fair for this guitar, I'm lucky i live where i do because i can be poor in comparison to my fellow countryman and still be able to afford nice guitars, and have a good life. I live day to day and have never even broken $40,000 a year, i play my cards right though, because i have too. I know a deal I can live with because thats whats riding on the line.

I have quite a few electric guitars, not as many as most on this forum but i wouldn't call myself a collector, i just love playing guitar and i love the beauty of them as well. I have never bought one new however, but lets just say if i were to buy a new telecaster online and it was between a $1000 fender and a $750 Tokai, money would influence my choice, and my past experiences also. Lucky for me i've found Tokai to be better than what it's replicating in most cases, it's a win-win for the consumer (me). I'm not someone who has to have a guitar say something on the headstock although i am proud to see Tokai there so to a point I am. My other Tokai's are gibson replica's and i have to say they are both stellar guitars, I couldn't be more happy with them and that's where my loyalty to Tokai has come from, it has been earned, in my hands, not from hype or marketing or any other thing, i have a sen ash greco strat that is a 3 piecer SE 500 supersounds that just kills as well, i took a $297 ebay gamble and it paid off, i used to be a guy who said he'd never be able to buy a guitar that i hadn't had in my hands and test driven first and i scoffed at people who did but i feel confident about buying unplayed (by myself) guitars from these (certain) japanese guitar manufacturers, however i wouldn't buy a new gibson or fender unplayed because a trip down to the local music store is enough to shake anyones confidence about what would be showing up in the mail. So yes if i had the $750 i would buy a new one. No hesitation

Sorry to double post but i went to the Tokai web page and couldn't find any TTE models, i found a guitar that resembles mine, the ATE-78B, i guess it was the ATE-62 back in 2009. Are they not making the TTE models anymore or am i missing something ???

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/ate78b.html

Tokai is making TE models currently and there are models with a laquer finish(TE-150?) which is new to me (good move).

Latest posts

Back