Tech wiring Tokai LS question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erensuge

Reaction score
Hi from France,
I'm about rewiring my Tokai LS 85F VF...and I'd like to know the wire lenght to order for the cloth wire which are going from 3 way switch to pots...in cm or feet...that' all you want...Is it similar on all LP 'like(US,Japan...)?
On BCS the regular lenght sold is:
Switch to Neck Volume:11 5/8? or 295.27 mm
Will it be enough for my Tokai?
I will certainly go here http://bcsguitars.com/?page_id=207...For the caps, I've already Russian KY...and Bourns pro audio pots seem to fit Japan knobs 8)
Thx for advance...for"her"
img0670d.jpg

Hi,

this is a really good resource that may be of help:

http://www.dominocs.com/AshBassGuitar/

I rewired my 1985 LS60 to the 50's schematic where the caps are wired to a different lug on the tone pots.

Made a big difference for me as I'm not a fan of the sound getting muddy when the volume is backed off a bit.
This way retains a bit of treble.
It not a huge difference when you try the guitar at home, but you REALLY notice the difference in control when playing live at volume.

good luck and nice looking guitar!

barks

You'll be OK with that kit. The measurements given are the distances between the knobs and switches not the wire length. I fitted one of those kits to my 1980 Navigator and they are very good quality. I've since learnt that you can buy the individual parts much cheaper and assemble them yourself though :wink:

Dave

DaveWW said:
I've since learnt that you can buy the individual parts much cheaper and assemble them yourself though :wink:
Dave
Yes...That's I will do!
I already have a couple of Russian .022uF PIO caps in stock...So,I will order by parts and wire it myself in '50s style and vol mods...

EDIT:last question :lol: ...short shaft or long shaft for the pots?

You need short shaft pots. Most people here recommend Alpha because they are cheaper than CTS and easier to turn. However, having said that the pot's in your guitar are very good ones so you won't see any benefit in changing them.

Dave

DaveWW said:
You need short shaft pots. Most people here recommend Alpha because they are cheaper than CTS and easier to turn. However, having said that the pot's in your guitar are very good ones so you won't see any benefit in changing them.

Dave

+1 the pots in there are perfectly fine, and IMO so is the toggle switch and wiring, cloth wire won't make a jot of difference to how it sounds

I'll follow your opinion and just upgrade the capacitors (with russian .022uF KY PIO that I've in stock!) and jack/toggle by switchcraft
Thx for all your advertissments...

Back