Taxes & Duties on a guitar shipped from Canada to USA?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paperair

Reaction score
Does anyone know the percentages or amount of taxes and duties charged on a guitar sent from Canada to the US? Thinking about getting a guitar from Mike's Music but want to know what's involved first.
Thanks!

Hi
I bought a Tokai J200 from Mike's Music last December. I paid $29 on top of the eBay sale price to get it shipped to Massachusetts. No other charges.

CM

I purchased a Love Rock Model LS-70 from Ring Music in Toronto and had it shipped to Alabama a couple of years ago. The UPS driver hit me with a $75 bill for import duty.

My advice would be to purchase a older Tokai used on EBAY

Probably the thing to do is talk to Mike Palermo at Mike's Music and ask him if there are any import duties on the shipment. I found him to be a very straight shooter when I bought my guitar from him.

Hope it works out
CM

Hello all!
I'm a long time watcher...1st time poster :D
I'm in the process of gettting my TOKAI "online" dealership up & running here in the U.S. and I have my site up & running. I just have not listed my stock yet so we are not fully operational yet.
I love the company so much I bought the dealership...ha ha
Our goal is to be the biggest USA Tokai dealer and we are building a huge stock.
Anyway, I'd love some advice on what you would like to see me carry.
gcellar3small.jpg

Latest posts

Back