Stratovox Imported By G.M.C. Cleveland Ohio

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmackwood

Reaction score
New member here. Member of other forums. I am awaiting a 32 dollar "Distributed by GMC - Stratovox" guitar from Goodwill. Thought you may think it interesting. Flamed Maple back really drew my interest. Looks similar to some 1960's Marco Polo classical guitars - looks to be the same bridge from some Tokai guitars built for "GMC" too, but who knows.

Attachments

• GMClabel.jpg
    GMClabel.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
  • GCfront.jpg
    GCfront.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GMCback.jpg
    GMCback.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
  • GMChead.jpg
    GMChead.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
That’s cool. Hard to see, but looks like there may be a date stamped on one of the braces? That would be cool to see.

Yeah. Can't wait to check it out. For $32 thought I'd take a chance. I kind of wonder if anything is hidden under the label - because it's just slapped on there and if the distributer was buying in bulk who knows?

Last edited:
When I look around the web I see a bunch of different types of guitars with the Stratovox label. That suggests to me that it may have been a store brand or something similar and was made my multiple different builders. And Tokai may or may not have been one of them. Not sure how easy that would be to sort out.

Latest posts

Back