Strange noise from the neighbourhood

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

During the last 2 days I was pimping my small Gretsch G5222 amp I use at home to avoid my windows will crack when I play.As you can see in my profile I only know 3 chords and what should I say - in my case it?s true,I started guitarplaying one year ago and that?s another reason for the small gretsch - to avoid my neighbours can hear what I produce sometimes :lol:
I bought a mod kit for this amp to reduce the hum and to optimize the board and installed a standby switch as well.Now,when I finished I checked this amp,the result was as it should be but I heard a high wistle only when connected with the guitar.I used 2 guitars,my OBG and my new classic players strat and with the strat the noise was much stronger.I found out that my neighbour was using at the same time a big drilling machine,the one you use to destroy walls,we call it a drill hammer in Germany.So,always when he pushed the button to start this monster I had the strange noise in my loudspeaker.Not very loud,only a noise that hasn?t to be there... :evil:
For better understanding,I live in a single standing house,only me and my girlfreind.The neighbours house is about 8 metres away but in my town,every house gets power via the roof.On every roof there?s a metal pole and a cable is bringing power from one house to another.
I never had such an effect before,hope it?s not from the amp modification,but it?s only when connected with my guitar,so it seems the guitar is catching those artefacts.Has anybody an idea or knows this effect ? Perhaps a filter is available to avoid this ? I?m happy for some good ideas

"As you can see in my profile I only know 3 chords and what should I say...."

8) like your joke here!

I got the idea that he is using a bad old drilling machine.Normally in those machines a cap is used to avoid this effect in every radio around.Now,without my working neighbour I can use the amp without that weird noise :p

Back