Strange Burny???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumblebee said:
There is no braided wire so I guess it is a lower grade model.

The great thing about '80's RLG's is that there is not really a "lower" end... I would just consider the RLG-50's and 60's not as "high" as the 90's and +... if that makes sense :-? JMO.

3pupLPC said:
Bumblebee said:

The great thing about '80's RLG's is that there is not really a "lower" end... I would just consider the RLG-50's and 60's not as "high" as the 90's and +... if that makes sense :-? JMO.

Well electrics and pickups can be changed but not the wood and of how many pieces a guitar is made of.
It is a difference if its a one piece, two piece or three piece body.
And also if it's a one piece top, two piece and so on.
So yes any Burny is a good Burny but there are lower grades.

Bumblebee said:
3pupLPC said:
Bumblebee said:

Well electrics and pickups can be changed but not the wood and of how many pieces a guitar is made of.
It is a difference if its a one piece, two piece or three piece body.
And also if it's a one piece top, two piece and so on.
So yes any Burny is a good Burny but there are lower grades.

ur not following me.... nevermind.

Bumblebee said:
Thanks alot for the pics!!!

I have never seen the pickup cavities covered with paper.
The caps look like replacements, maybe paper in oil?
According to the roting of the wires it is Fujigen made. Any other opinions on that?
Normally the RLGs were made by Matsumoku and the RLCs were made by Fujigen. But again everything is possible.
And the pickups look like L8000s. Brass bottom plate and grey wires.
That's confusing. For late 80s it should have the later VH-1s.

I would like to hear other opinions!!!

Thanks again for providing the info so quickly.
I still think it's important to see these pics. They tell alot.
I think it could be Matsomoku judging by the routing of the control cavity, like a clover leaf, the Fujigen, like Greco ones usually have a squared look to them like later Gibsons. Caps are Orange drops. Pretty much looks like every mid to late 80's one I've seen or owned. Possibly 86'87' before they started designating VH1 for all pickups?

3pupLPC said:
Bumblebee said:

Agreed. :D I like my RLG50's just as much as my 81'FLG90 or my 82-83 RLG90 with VH1's! :D

Latest posts

Back