Springy stuff

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-1979-Springy-Sound-Stratocaster-Orig-Tweed-Case_W0QQitemZ170283153065QQihZ007QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shouldn't a pre 81 Springy have Final Prospect Saddles?
Shouldn't a pre 81 Springy have a stamp on last fret??
Something real fishy here

ochay said:

ochay, my 1980 ST-80 has a sticker w/ "80" on it on the back heel of the neck. The saddles say "Tokai". Am I missing something here? Are you referring to lower numbered models?

JoeTokaiST-80014a.jpg

img_2592.jpg

ochay said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-1979-Springy-Sound-Stratocaster-Orig-Tweed-Case_W0QQitemZ170283153065QQihZ007QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We've already dissected that post....... from the description alone, I wouldn't touch it.

From my limited knowledge, I believe pre 81's have TOKAI stamped saddles and a stamp on the last fret.

1978, 1979, and 1980 transitional period = mod. no. on the last fret.

The guitar of the auction is a very nice example of a '79 ST42.
The price is ok regarding upcomming times and the strong JYen.

I'm saying pre 80 should have Final prospect Saddles and stamp on last fret-

Why are we discussing this guitar in two threads now? FINAL PROSPEC saddles started around 1981? 1982? My 2 1980 Springys both have TOKAI saddles and no fingerboard stamp.

I thought you didn't like Strats, ochay?

Mike

I'm looking for a nice springy with a Rosewood finger board with model# on last fret / final prospect saddles / matching body numbers(butt & cavity)
Not one of these Springy Reissues that have been all over eBay

ochay said:
I'm looking for a nice springy with a Rosewood finger board with model# on last fret / final prospect saddles / matching body numbers(butt & cavity)
Not one of these Springy Reissues that have been all over eBay

If you find a Springy that has the model number on the last fret, & final prospec saddles, you have problems. Something will have been replaced.

As togps and other have already explained....

Just nit pickin here, Mike's right about the saddles, final prospec saddles aren't on the earlier models and they are called Pro spec as in professional specification..... :p

Mick

Is that 100% accurate for all?. I have a ST80 with stamp on last fret with Final Prospec saddles and steel trem block and original tweed case from the second owner. Swears it was all original. Possible transition period?

Cheers, Rich.

Sounds doubtful to me. 1980 was the transition year for stamp on the fretboard/sticker on the back of the neck - neither of my 1980 Springys (nor my 1980 TE70) have the fretboad stamp. I understood that the FP saddles started in 1981 or maybe 1982.

Anyone else know more?

Thanks!
That's the problem ( can swap parts ) with Strats and why I never really got into collecting Springys- I was always under the impression thet the 78/79 Springys had Final Prospect saddles??

I have found with Goldstars it's pretty cut and dry-

I just bought my 1st springy 79-ST-42 from Japan
Does anyone know if the cheapo turners can be replaced with Klusens?

Latest posts

Back