Springy sound versus goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muccax said:
hi
a lot of the older ones are sen ( sorry my mistake,,, not zen )
but the later ones only the natural and higher end model are sen/ ash
in 78 al ot of the lower models are sen and in 82 they are alder
and i stand by my description on the body contures ,,,,,, try feeling at the cut for the arm at the front at the body on a 78 and a 82 :D :D :D
i dont own 100 tokai ,,, so i cant be sure it apply to all to tokai ...
but i am only trying to help .... not being a smart *** :D :D
all the best
otto

I know you're not Otto. And I don't have 100 Tokais either! But I still can't tell any difference in the body contours between older Tokai Strats & newer ones.

I've noticed the difference in body contours and thickness of paint too. I posted about it a really long time ago but nobody concurred. Maybe it is not a consistent difference that can be put down to a specific timeframe, but I'm glad at least someone else has noticed it.

I used to have a black Springy and still have a black Goldie, and when you put the two side by side the Springy definitely had much more 'vintage' looking contours and finish. But I guess we're all used to Tokai's little inconsistencies by now...

blake375 said:
But I guess we're all used to Tokai's little inconsistencies by now...

To be fair, Fender has more inconsistencies than Tokai does.

:wink:

hi
and thank you ....... i was begining to think i was the only one that could see the difference on a 78 and a 84 tokai :D :D :D
all the best
otto

Hopefully we'll have a big enough selection of Springys & Goldies in Leeds next week to be able to test this theory. The difference is the curves on the top where the arm rests when you're playing?

hi
and yes ..... on the back of the body where the cut is on the front for the arm ,,,,, i can feel a difference from the old ones ....... the 82/83 have a more sharp conture .....
all the best ?
otto

blake375 said:
Fender? Who are they? Not another American company knocking off Japanese strats I hope... :wink:

If there were no Fender, there would be no Springy / Goldie / Silverstar / Breezy. :wink:

marcusnieman said:
If there were no Fender, there would be no Springy / Goldie / Silverstar / Breezy. :wink:

True, obviously.

But without Tokai to show them how to make good Strats again, I wonder what state Fender would be in today, or if it would still be with us as a viable company?

Latest posts

Back