Some of you are crazy! Newbie words to be heard (read)!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicoBluez

Reaction score
Had I understood sooner, I would have puchased a Tokai years ago.

I just purchased a black LS-75 Love Rock used from a guy in Canada. He must have been a kid. The guitar was in need of adjustments. That out of the way, I plugged and found the tone always in my head, never coming from my cabs. Now I now why some of you are crazy about this guitar and the more defined/refined versions.

I tried Gibsons LP Standards at the music store and whatever degree of vibe they had was squished by the price.

I have been smitten. After 38 years plus of playing, I actually own a superb replica of the finest git.

www.thefabuloushouserockers.com

Yeah Tokais really do have a special quality to them. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your Love Rock. I own one myself and there's no way I'd ever sell it or trade it. Just out of curiosity, which city did the seller come from? I'm from Toronto, Ontario.

Kenmac said:
Yeah Tokais really do have a special quality to them. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your Love Rock. I own one myself and there's no way I'd ever sell it or trade it. Just out of curiosity, which city did the seller come from? I'm from Toronto, Ontario.

Sorry for the delayed reply. The guitar came from Winnepeg (spelling?).

I haven't giged with it yet, but will post soon about the gigability of this fine instument.

ChicoBluez 8)

Yeah I think I know who you got it from. Mine came from Winnipeg as well. I haven't gigged with mine but I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

ChicoBluez said:
Kenmac said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. The guitar came from Winnepeg (spelling?).

I haven't giged with it yet, but will post soon about the gigability of this fine instument.

ChicoBluez 8)

I got my Ls-70F last oct or nov

bf_12_sb.jpg

6f_12_s.jpg

\\

I've kept it stock exept the stoptail
I bought a New improved stoptail from one of our senior members TOPGS
Very nice to deal with, huge improvement to the sound & SUSTAIN
Here is a photo of that as well

PC080371-1.jpg

PC080369.jpg

I must tell you I have been gigging with this guitar since november and it is my main axe, My Gibson Lp Jr is staying at home most of the time but my MIJ Fender Strat 57 RI comes along for a few tunes
Heavy as **** at 4.6kg but with the new padded 3" wide strap I can wear it for 3hrs no worries
The sound!!! ALL You ever need from a LP Std, I'm happy with the stock Gotoh Paf MkII, rich neck , really bitey bridge without being harsh or over bright

Wow! Your git is a beaut!

If she plays half as good as she looks, you must be very happy with that girl!

Thanks for posting pics.

ChicoBluez 8)

Back