Sigh... I hate auctions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi hack and dogger
i got a loverock from hiro and i think that what he doesnt know about tokais aint worth knowing. i would trust his word, not only that i think that most of the japanese people are very humble and honest , so if he said your have is 80s then you can be sure hes not wrong
mike :-? :-?

Thanks again everyone. Dogger - Chris has been great with questions, not a problem at all. I expected questions, not being accused of forging and lying about the guitar, several people have been very rude, funny thing two of them have made off e-bay offers too!

I just watched the 1981 still in Japan end on eBay with a final price was $1875 + Shipping (what's up with that?) And the fact is, I really like this guitar, I may just keep it.

The difficult part, I can't justify it, I bought an 85Q to replace this one. And have a McInturff DSP Taurus (PRS Private Stock type) about to be delivered, along with a bunch of other guitars in the house. But hey can you have too many?

Thank you

Kevin

Here is a link to the one I reference in the above post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7357035617

Any idea why this went so high?

Wow, that price seems insane to me!! I have no idea why it went that high. I would never pay more than $1000 US for a vintage LS-60 and even that's high. I really don't get this one. I guess it's good for Katsuha though. Maybe the buyer and seller emailed eachother and it was agreed that an amp would be thrown in or something, who knows? That price just blows me away though!!!

""""just an old Jap copy any how- ain't wort nothin""""

:lol:

I remember a few years ago one of the 1st Tokai (LS100) Les paul's was on eBay --she went for $2500--he slapped some real PAF's in her and displayed her next to his real '59 Giber Les Paul like she was something special-

""""just an old Jap copy any how- ain't wort nothin""""

prices on just about any old MIJ guitar these days are going sky high. Japanese collectors are willing and able to pay anything for them and do. So when the time comes for me to unload a bunch of mine before I head back to Canada for good, I`ll be doing a lot of selling on Yahoo Japan. I`ve been very lucky and found some real great MIJs and some of them are quite rare. Guess I won`t be shipping to any of you guys eh?

so I guess you guys don`t wanna know about this guy who is asking 400,000 yen for this one....

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m21675438

Sigh....I hate not having more disposable income :D

xjtaro-img600x450-1129535693185-8544_img.jpg

I`ve seen sellers on Yahoo Japan who were unable to sell items come back the second or third time around, raise the price and sell. In Japan if something is priced too low it ain`t worth having.
It remains to be seen if he`ll get 400,000 yen but I for one would not be surprised.

Beautiful Tokais Hans!
What is the name of the finish of your LS120?
Thats the same color as my LS80 and Im still
not sure what to call it..

I'm not sure either, it might be brown sunburst or a faded violin finish, maybe an old sunburst, too. :-? These are the colors Tokai used around 1981 according to their catalogs. The first owner told me it would be tobacco sunburst, but probably only used this name from his Gibson Heritage Les Paul.

hans-j?rgen said:
I'm not sure either, it might be brown sunburst or a faded violin finish, maybe an old sunburst, too. :-? These are the colors Tokai used around 1981 according to their catalogs. The first owner told me it would be tobacco sunburst, but probably only used this name from his Gibson Heritage Les Paul.

Hans,

Is that '81 LS120 a solid top or a veneer? Also, that is the some one that you posted the picture of the pickup cavity some time back, right?

Scott

Nice Hans, Kinda a cross between a Quilt and Flamtop, Now I really want her !!!
Gimme that Paula 8)

Back