Should I buy this Greco?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schokosapiens

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum.
Found a Greco EG800C in cherry sunburst (or similar) on digimart, seller states it is from 1981, on the truss rod cover it says "Super Sound" (in italics) and "Custom" (in capital letters). Seems to be a two-piece body as far as I can tell from the pictures, gold hardware, black knobs, split diamond inlay on headstock, price seems like a bargain.
Anyone who might say the specs look OK or who might give me a hint as to what kind of questions I should ask the seller to verify the guitar's model, quality and value? What kind of Greco PUs should it come with?

Thanks a lot,

cheers,

Klaus

Gone, arrghh - seems like someone bought a truckload of guitars from him (guitar-shelter) yesterday ...

Still - is he a trusted seller and would 63000 Yen have been a good price for the above mentioned guitar?

Cheers,

Klaus

This one?

EG800C usualy comes with PU-2. (very nice pickups)
I believe it's a good price for a 800 but there are better Greco custom~

Well I got a EG1000 custom off rinkya for 69000 yen (before fees and shipping) so you be the judge.

Digimart prices to me, seem a little on the high side. Ishibashi is better in my opinion. Rinkya can be great but you have to be sure to factor in fees as they can add up.

Latest posts

Back