Seymour Duncan LP!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcusnieman said:
Nice.... first time I've ever seen one of those too. ESP made, I would assume?

I still haven't seen one! Can't access auction sites from work :( Will check this out when I get home :D

Could you please clarify some info about Seymour Duncan.
I am aware that he makes a wide range of pickups. Does he also make guitars, as I see his name on the LP headstock?
His products and name are extremely popular in Japan. Do ESP/Edwards/Navigator use only his pups as stock on their guitars?

Wow! :p

That's my holy grail right there. Never seen one before either

Special K, yes ESP used to make Seymour Duncan branded guitars for the Japanese market.

They do still make Basses under the Duncan brand:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/seymourduncan/guitar&bass/index.html

As far as I know, the SD guitar range was only Fender copies, that's why this Les Paul is so exciting. I imagine it will be similar quality to a Navigator...pretty good in other words.

Very interesting. never heard of SD making any gibson copies. Just when you think you can't be surprised by japanese guitars....lol

translator says 2 piece body and this

Poriuretanrashiku lacquer is painted is not so.

Poly?

I'm thinking it's mid range at best. Maybe like the SD "traditonal" line. Looks like SD made some one offs. There may be more floating around! Maybe some higher spec models too!

Looks a lot like the early to mid 90's Edwards. Except the top carve is more accurate, and doesn't have the double ring tuners.

tomodachi200570-img600x413-1256995135tsmuxm8786.jpg

tomodachi200570-img600x450-1256995136u3rqpd8786.jpg

Hmmm, heres another with the same TRC and no double ring tuners,
earlyEd208.jpg

SD-LP2.jpg

zepping said:
Looks a lot like the early to mid 90's Edwards. Except the top carve is more accurate, and doesn't have the double ring tuners.

Yeah, it would do - both are made by ESP.

soundcreation said:
Very interesting. never heard of SD making any gibson copies. Just when you think you can't be surprised by japanese guitars....lol

translator says 2 piece body and this

Poriuretanrashiku lacquer is painted is not so.

Poly?

I'm thinking it's mid range at best. Maybe like the SD "traditonal" line. Looks like SD made some one offs. There may be more floating around! Maybe some higher spec models too!

I agree with it being at the "Traditional" model level, but as it's a LP it would have cost a good bit more than a DS-100 when new.

Latest posts

Back