Rest In Peace Robbie Robertson

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.I.P. Robbie - Played with some of the greats and brought a lot of great music to us over a long period of time!

Holy moly that‘s been awesome ! Had to fight tears while watching and lost .

Oh yeah, me too. It actually almost made me cry even the first time I saw it, a few years back, when that video came out. while Robbie was still around.. Just the power and universality of music and a great song, I guess. Nice to see the old Japanese classic rock hero Char get a word in... and Lukas Nelson had an old Teisco sharkfin guitar on a stand in the background as well. :cool:

If you're looking for a Robbie-style Strat there are two old MIJ options around, both rare, but they do turn up.

365843850_10159211120400356_4674586499722833901_n.jpg

The Fernandes ST-70RR from the stone logo era, one of numerous limited musician's models from the brand. Captures the look of the no 1 Last Waltz guitar pretty well, despite finish being trans brown, not bronzed.

0691ece967ccd77834faae277b2def76.jpg

Greco made this one, an effort to copy the no 2 Strat used in the movie (with Clapton and Joni Mitchell IIRC). A bit sketchy with the details, the original was a hardtail (which I've only ever seen on a couple of lefty Greco SE's) and they missed the Tele barrel knobs. Still, a nice guitar (I have one). I've seen maybe five or six of these, all from 1979 and a couple still with SE500 stickers. The background is unknown, they're in no catalog and no magazine ads for them has been spotted, to my knowledge. But there are enough of them around to suggest a small store run.

Back