• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Re: Navigator Les Paul - New price till the end of March

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimihendrix1987 said:
Hi there,

I would like to sell my Navigator Les Paul Previously, was owned by Villager. However, a lot of improvements were made in it.

It was sold as a Navigator Les Paul 500 to me, with Nitro an a Braz RW Fretboard. No documents were given to me to proof that.

Around 4.0 - 4.1 kg (around 9lbs) ( I do not remember it and I do not have any scales to check)
1 Piece Honduras Mahogany Body
1 Piece Honduras "flamed" Mahogany Neck

Beefy big comfortable neck
2 Pieces Flame Maple Top AAAAA (I ignore how many A's it has :) )
Fret Binding
Amberburst
Long Tenon
Made in the 90s (I read It was made in '95)
Kluson Gotoh Tuner
PIO Original Caps
Gotoh ABR1 bridge

No Honduras Mahogany on your guitar ! Just a kind of South America Mahogany.

ESP/Navigator N-LP were made with Honduras Mahogany on their current N-LP line only after 2000/2001.

You can have some older Navigator in the 90's made with Honduras Mahogany but it's rarer.
Before 2000, the specs of Navigator are very variable in the 90's.

Your guitar have the same wood as a lot of japanese made Les Paul replicas made in the 80's and 90's which is a kind of South America Mahogany.
After that, African Mahogany was used on japanese replicas (Tokai, Bacchus...). Only some very high-end models have some Honduras Mahogany.

all the 90's navs I have seen have had similar specs, 1 piece backs, solid flametops and fret binding, the only major difference is that for a while there was a 280 model which was poly finished, but still 1 piece back fret binding and flametop..

now 80's navs, theres a lot of spec difference, 2 piece backs, veneer tops etc etc, but not in the 90s as far as i know, but then as its so hard to date them accurately, its hard to say exactly what year is what,

le juge, do you know when the LTD logo first appeared on the headstock?

villager said:
all the 90's navs I have seen have had similar specs, 1 piece backs, solid flametops and fret binding, the only major difference is that for a while there was a 280 model which was poly finished, but still 1 piece back fret binding and flametop..

now 80's navs, theres a lot of spec difference, 2 piece backs, veneer tops etc etc, but not in the 90s as far as i know, but then as its so hard to date them accurately, its hard to say exactly what year is what,

The specs of the N-LP-280 are :
Indian rosewood, african mahogany, polyurethane finish, PUs SH1/SH4.

villager said:
le juge, do you know when the LTD logo first appeared on the headstock?
The LTD logo appears in 2000/2001.

Some have a serial number with EO XXXX (for a 2000 made) or E1 XXXX (for a 2001 made) and after 1 XXXX (for a 2001 made) and for exemple 11 XXXX (for a 2011 made). That's only for N-LP.

You have one model which was made in 2000 which is the last model without LTD logo, just before they put LTD logos on N-LP models.
http://s765.photobucket.com/user/generalunrest2/library/Navigator/Navigator%20LP%20Vintage%20Sunburst%201990?sort=3&page=1

Thread bump :wink:

Looks like an early to mid 1990's number format,
but have no clue if that format is in any way date based.

Latest posts

Back