Policy on notifying ebay auctions?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_dice

Reaction score
Hi all. As a relative newbie on here, I was slightly surprised to see that 'live' ebay auctions were being pointed out in the 'Tokai sightings etc.' area. A couple of model car related forums that I've used have had a 'no live auction postings' rule on the basis that someone may have spotted a badly-worded, mis-spelled or wrongly categorised auction and potentially bagged themselves a bargain that no-one else had noticed. Advertising said auction to a bunch of people interested in the same kind of item rather spoils things :roll: (although obviously promoting your own auction(s) is fine.)

I'm sure that there are good reasons for the policy, but just wondered what folks thought...??

Cheers. David.

I find the notifications very useful, even if I'm not interested in 95% of the guitars concerned. Reading the comments helps me to identify guitars I am interested in - which I may, or may not mention on the forum.....

Since the main source of vintage Tokais (apart from dealers) is eBay ads, banning them would restrict our chances of getting hold of one. And I don't think that would be very popular on here. :wink:

Mike

The thing with Tokai's, and probably a lot of other popular brands is, you may think you are the only one that's spotted the bargain of a lifetime, but you can bet your house on the fact half the forum members have seen it already!

its a good thing for the sellers if they did make a mistake and I sure if anyboy here spotted something for nothing they would keep quite even if it was to get a bargin they could sell later in a more acurate listing but I guess it would be kept if it was anygood anyway
On top of the the experts here police ebay very well to keep fakes and misleading info off ebay which is a fantasic thing!

Fair comments chaps 8) I can see the pro's and con's of both approaches and I guess it comes down to what suits a particular 'community'. Cheers. David

You are right it doesn't make sense to draw others attention to a possible deal. Its fun to chat about cool gtrs on ebay but I would never post about a specific auction if I intended on bidding. This seems uncouth. For instance a person could steer others away with misinfo and then bid. If you do find a deal you won't have time to ask. You will have to have done your research and be prepared to jump on it!

Latest posts

Back