please help me identify this Greco (RR??)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project Hayes

Reaction score
project-hayes-albums-greco-picture19958-a.jpg

project-hayes-albums-greco-picture19964-a.jpg

project-hayes-albums-greco-picture19962-a.jpg

project-hayes-albums-greco-picture19963-a.jpg

project-hayes-albums-greco-picture19965-a.jpg

Hey ...Can anyone help me identify this?
I just got it and I believe its a RR model, but the TRC and 5 digit serial # is throwing me off....

Also The pickups have no identifying markings on them although by looking at the soldering and wiring the seem to be original to the guitar...

They sound really close to my Classic 57's that I have in my Epi so I assume they are Alnico but I would like to know how to tell if they are Dry or Screamin.. How do you know if this is a FujiGen or Dyna Gaki?

Thanks,
Mike

Well, to me it looks like a 1985 Mint Collection with a replaced truss rod cover (very common).
The only catalogue image I can find is tiny but I think it's there:
http://www.sf.airnet.ne.jp/~shake/greco/catalogue/1985/index.html
I can't guess what model, sorry....

/Magnus

Hey mate

Nice to see you over here as well :D Definitely Dyna made due to the serial # and squared tenon. I think those truss covers were the actual Dyna covers they used as well. Either way she is a beauty!

thanks...I am very happy with the guitar
I
wish the pickups still had the sticker on them, maybe this is due to it being a Dyna as well, I read they were sent bulk batches of the pickups from either maxon or FijiGen , or wherever the pickups were made...

These pups definitely sound like PAF clones, I am pretty sure they are not ceramics..

It really is a nice Guitar and I honestly got my moneys worth...plus a lot more

Nice score on the RR. Had an '85 very similar with the Dry '82 pickups. Wish I had not sold it off. :(

anyone know what size truss rod wrench I need for this?

This Greco has a nut on the end unlike my Epi which I use a Allen wrench

Latest posts

Back