Pickup routings

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glaister3

Reaction score
Did all Goldstarsound / Springysounds have normal single coil sized body routings or were some H/S/S ? Thanks in advance!

Hi there, ALL springy's and Goldstars had 3*sngle coil routes. If a humbucker route is present it is likely to be a limited edition and special edition.
Limited/ special edition does not equate to quality in respect to the strat type guitars in the 80's.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your info Makase,I was looking at a Goldstar??? which has H/S/S and was very suspicious as I`ve never come across it before!

Yes it was normal H/B rout and I would say original paint(2 tone s/b),no pics available sorry.Hardware looked ok though!

Was it a Tokai body? The codes in the cavities would help to confirm this. One possibility is that it's a Goldstar neck on a superstrat type body. If the body isn't a Tokai, this would seem the likely option. If it is a Tokai body, the mystery continues....

Sorry ,no obvious markings.None of it matters to me now,I`m convinced it wasn`t right,thats why I left it alone! Was just wanting confirmation of my assesment really,there will be another somewhere.Thanks for your thoughts on it tho`folks.

Latest posts

Back