Paul Stanley guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Hey all...
I pick up a Silvertone Paul Stanley Soveriegn in 2 days time.
I've had it on Lay-by(Lay-away for you yanks) for ages and totally forgot that i even had put it aside til I got a call from the shop last week.
The only reason I wanted it in the first place was as a collectable and for novelty value.
I grew up learning how to play Kiss tunes in the '70's/80's and an Ace Frehley model Gibbo is beyond my reach financially....even the Epi version.
So picking up an affordable piece of playable KISS memorabilia was too good to pass up.
I've got heaps of KISS stuff...mostly singing figurines from Japan and the U.S.
It's not a bad guitar...sounds and plays like a cross between a strat and an SG...all chrome...mirrors and black metal flake finish...i'll put some pics up when I get it.
Silvertone have stopped manufacturing it as P.S. now has an endorsement with Washburn who are making an almost identical model....so hopefully there wasn't like 1 million in the production run and it might become a collectible :p

I've always loved the Ibanez Iceman because of the the Paul Stanley connection. I've noticed their getting fashionable again with the guy from Dragonforce using one.

At a recent guitar show I saw a Washburn with Paul airbrushed on - it looked pretty awesome.

There are 4 different Washburn models with Paul Stanley pics on them....4 different pics over 4 guitars.
ps_ps400.jpg

This is the guitar i bought:
p21441H-8529ba572e4528f77f75d2c79fbe704c.jpg

The Ibanez Iceman reissues are more down to Darron Malarkian from System of a Down than Dragnforce, but it's great to see them reissued.

I've got 2 at the moment, a '78 IC200 and an '05 IC400. The '05 reissue compares favourably with the '78, except that it's black where the '78 is a tobacco sunburst, and the neck on the '05 is more like that found on the Artist (more LP-style chunky), where the '78 has quite a thin neck (more 60's Slim Taper than Wizard thankfully!).

I've sold 2 others, a '94 IC300 (basswood body & bolt-on wizard neck) & an '80 IC50 (mahogany body & bolt on maple neck). The IC300 was very headstock heavy and no body weight, it's only saving grace (for me) was that it was an early reissue model that was made in Japan. The IC50 had been stripped and hand refinished in red, I stripped it & repainted it black, then had to get rid because the '05 came along.

If you've never played one, they're comparable to the SG/Firebird. A great underrated guitar.

Latest posts

Back